Technology Support Analyst
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
The purpose of this role is to help the Technology and Facilities team support the day-to-day technical demands of the business across the Americas. The candidate will provide in person and remote 1st and 2nd line support, identify problems and take appropriate actions including referring issues to high-level support.
- This is predominantly an Americas role based Full Time in New York office. The role will respond to user inquiries both remotely and face-to-face according to help desk procedures, providing support across a range of hardware and software products.
- Troubleshoot end user software and hardware issues and perform training with new users of these devices while exceeding expectations and business requirements in the Americas. Provide backup support to Europe and Asia Pac where required. Escalate when appropriate.
- To undertake the efficient use of helpdesk systems, policies, procedures and tools in order to keep the number of calls outstanding to a minimum by ensuring customer faults are followed up and closed after all appropriate work has been carried out.
- Identify and advise the Director of IT and the Technology Team of recurring user inquiries, potential problems, and trends.
- Occasional non-technical tasks including (but not exclusively); cabling, hardware inventories and office user moves.
- Proactive responsiveness to time sensitive issues.
- Study relevant technical training to stay up to date on trends and new technologies with support from colleagues.
Scope & Impact
- Supports the business by having an extensive knowledge and understanding of the Technology used in BBC Studios therefore enabling the business to deliver results.
- Has direct contact with every member of staff in the Americas and our colleagues overseas in the support process.
- Supports the Technology and Facilities team to deliver exceptional support to the business.
- Regular face-to-face / phone / email contact with line manager, and all parts of the business in order to provide / receive / exchange information / instructions while providing technical or process-based help in any given situation. Some contact with external vendors to support the in-house systems.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good team player and experience of working in a complex technical environment
- Ability to cope well under pressure in a busy deadline-oriented environment
- High attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Pro-active and able to demonstrate initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work across global cultures, diverse teams, and multiple time zones; to give and receive feedback
Knowledge & Skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are essential to ensure that good working relationships are maintained with key staff within the business.
- Proven problem-solving track record of providing excellent technical support to end users
- Sound knowledge and experience in the installation, use and support of the full range of Microsoft Office products preferably within a Microsoft Windows 10 environment.
- Advanced level troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of networking, specifically TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Familiarity with BBC content generally preferred
- 1+ years of experience in an IT environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent (* Bachelor s degree in related field preferred)
- N+ and A+ Certified preferred
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical and Dental Insurance (PPO plans)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Arrangements / Work-Life Balance
- Free Retirement Consulting to All Employees
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Free Peloton App Membership
- Gym Reimbursement