Senior Marketing & Campaigns Manager
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
As the Sr. Marketing & Campaigns Manager, you’ll lead strategic planning and implementation of multi-channel, cross-functional campaigns that support growth of WEBTOON brand and IPs. This role will own and drive our integrated marketing campaigns strategy to engage, acquire, and retain users. You will be responsible for leading various types ofmarketing campaigns, including branding, IP growth, research, and partnerships, overseeing their budget, objectives, and key results.
The ideal candidate is a marketing professional with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of a matrixed organization. You will also have a deep understanding of integrated marketing and communications, including marketing strategy, campaign development, content marketing and digital marketing.
We seek an individual who is innovative in their thinking and is willing to challenge the status quo. This position will report to the Director of Digital & Partnerships.
REQUIRED: During the process you will be required to submit work portfolio or case study. Please attach if available.
- Drive strategic planning and execution of brand & IP marketing campaigns for our target audiences
- Work with marketing leadership to establish target goals and budget
- Manage overall campaign scope, budget and timing, and resources from inception to finishing.
- Coordinate the campaign implementation process, aligning with key stakeholders includingUA, social, PR, partnerships, legal, operations, biz dev, ad sales, and other relevant teamson KPIs, timelines, and deliverables
- Develop and own goals and performance metrics for campaigns - monitor and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Oversee the execution of campaign and media activations, acting as the main point of contact with agencies and external partners.
- Lead and leverage market research, competitive trends, and consumer insights to shape planning, audience segmentation, and execution
- Manage digital marketing efforts to improve user acquisition through SEO, ASO, and Email
- Bring big ideas to the table, obtain buy-in and effectively and efficiently implement ideas at scale
- Management and development of marketing associate
- 7+ years of professional marketing experience – preferably experience in entertainment
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing and communications, including marketing strategy, campaign development, content marketing and digital marketing.
- Broad experience withmarketing channels, including events, digital ads, CRM, email, and social media
- Results-driven with ability to look at data to measure impact and make recommendations
- Excellent communicator (written, oral, interpersonal) and experienced team player
- Strong in project management with the ability to coordinate multiple projects across various people and teams with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, comfortable working independently, and receptive to real-time feedback
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!