SoulCycle is seeking a NY Regional Director who will contribute to the company growth by expertly and efficiently managing their portfolio of studios (~20) within their designated region. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing strong revenue growth and business performance together with the ability to recruit, develop and retain extraordinarily talented individuals who will seek to set new standards of excellence in business performance, hospitality, creative problem solving and innovation. An understanding of the SoulCycle brand and culture is an added bonus. The New York Regional Director will be personable, efficient and a demonstrated high performer in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. They will be responsible for driving ridership growth and rider engagement, creating an unparalleled in-studio experience for our riders, together with maximizing business results. All of this will be accomplished through collaboration with HQ cross functional partners, championing and developing the Field Leaders/Teams and spending ample time with our riders and teams in the studio.
This position reports to the VP of Operations. The expectation is that you are working out of the NY studios (~75%) you oversee as well as HQ (~25%). The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Objectives for the NY Regional Director :
Drive Studio & Company Performance
- Lead the setting of Assist in developing financial and performance objectives for your region
- Regularly Review the financial performance of your studios, developing plans to address any performance misses or plans to accelerate growth and performance where needed. and cCommunicate status updates in regular regional meetings. Ensure your managers are setting rigorous goals, working toward them, thinking creatively about ridership and revenue growth strategies and smartly planning expenses to meet their budgets. Hold leadership team accountable to deliver against clear KPIs.
- Maximize rider acquisition & retention through ensuring high levels of hospitality and brand standards, as well as a variety of innovative and rider-facing community building programs, and responsiveness to rider needs and suggestions
- Partner with Facilities to ensure all the studios meet SoulCycle standards for cleanliness, maintenance, safety, security and day to day operations
- Ensure the implementation of SoulCycle standard operating policies and procedures for business and financial management - understanding that if an SOP becomes redundant or no longer meets the needs of the organization, it can be challenged and re-established as appropriate.
- Keep up to date on current in knowledge of key competitors; Monitor current trends in the industry - implement new initiatives across your portfolio as appropriate and and make recommendations to senior leadership regarding broader adoption of such initiatives.
- Understand the business, inside and out, in order to identify and recommend new opportunities for SoulCycle
Fostering SoulCycle Community and Culture in your Region
- Ensure teams are enrolled in the SoulCycle culture by riding in their (and other) studios, and having fun. Ensure that team-building activities are happening within your Region and plan quarterly regional activities.
- Train, motivate and inspire by leading on-going training within your region. Evaluate needs through training information systems and own a schedule of on-going trainings. Collaborate with the HQ L&D team on scheduling and leading all training and development work.
- Ensure studio’s participation in local community events and establishing relationships with key community leaders
- Coach your managers so they have the skills, tools and abilities to be leaders and problem solve in their studios. Be a sounding board for their team, business and/or operating issues. Catch your teams doing things right!
- Regularly review your entire management team to make sure the studio is staffed, the right people are in the right roles and that the region has enough of a pipeline to maintain staff levels.
Collaborate and Lead
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally with senior leadership, including, but not limited to, Finance, Technology, People, Retail, Operations, Talent, and Commercial to create SoulCycle best practices and standard operating procedures
- Must have experience working in a hospitality-led environment. An understanding of the SoulCycle brand and experience is preferred.
- This role requires a balance of operational expertise with a deep appreciation of the Soul experience - which is centered on the strength of the community that we support.
- Experience and passion for overseeing, developing and managing Field Leaders/Teams
- Experience in building strategic plans to support business growth and development is critical.
- Experience developing operations plan supporting a budget
- Experience with P&L/earnings and income statements
- Experience with business strategy and planning
- Outstanding communication and influence skills
Pay Transparency: Min $150,000- Max $160,000
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for all eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holiday and volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Ride for free at all studios on a walk-in basis per our staff riding policy
- Additional discounted fitness classes
- Retail discount – we’re an athleisure friendly environment
- Office snacks, company events, parties and more!
- 401k with company match
- Paid parental leave for both parents
- Commuter benefits