WEBTOON is a world leader in digital entertainment with over 82 million unique monthly readers. We are a rapidly growing digital entertainment company and storytelling platform with users and creators from all over the world. Every day we come ready to learn, contribute, and get excited about the opportunity to work alongside people of different backgrounds and work styles.
The Content Department is looking for a Creative Producer to join WEBTOON’s Los Angeles headquarters. The Content Department is responsible for sourcing, developing and delivering the Originals program on WEBTOON. The Creative Producer will be responsible for developing and producing Original series on the platform.
- Source original and adapted series concepts
- Develop series outlines and episode beats for assigned series
- Search for, hire, and manage writers and artists
- Manage artist relationships and maintain series schedules
- Help to strategize and push for marketing efforts for your series
- Monitor, review, and report readers’ feedback and engagement
- Maintain relationships with licensors and IP owners
- Write episode scripts and/or provide art feedback as needed
- Assist in the on-boarding and training of new hires and interns
- Consistently read WEBTOON and comparable entertainment
- 3+ years of experience in writing, drawing, or producing narrative stories or similar content for a publisher or an entertainment brand
- Familiar with series on WEBTOON Originals
- Solid understanding of the nature of digital-native comic series: audience, formatting, art style, and production
- Strong interest in and knowledge of popular culture and current trends that appeal to a youth audience
- Practical knowledge in graphic software such as Photoshop and Clip Studio
Note: Please do not send scripts or original stories. We are unable to read them prior to the interview stage.