Workplace Communications Director
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
The Director, Workplace Communications position will play a critical role in establishing and promoting the workplace communications practice within JLL's Design Solutions. The Director will be responsible for creating internal processes, defining team requirements, and positioning the practice as a distinct offering within JLL.
- Establish and promote the workplace communications practice within Design Solutions, working closely with internal stakeholders, including the creative team.
- Craft a compelling story that differentiates the workplace communications practice within JLL Design Solutions and sets it apart from other internal offerings.
- Develop processes and team requirements to ensure the practice is positioned for success.
- Embed the role of content creation within the client's organization over time rather than focusing on one-off project work.
- Build relationships with JLL at large, demonstrating the value-add of the practice without competing for resources.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and trusted advisor to clients, with the ability to brief the creative team to meet client needs.
- Possess knowledge of creative firm structures, ways of working, and creative roles and processes.
- Utilize expertise in B2B marketing to effectively communicate the value of our services to internal JLL clients.
- Stay informed about best practices in corporate communications and the future of the workplace to provide innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with the creative team to create engaging content that aligns with clients' employer branding objectives.
- Experience in employee/internal communications and employer branding.
- Familiarity with best practices in internal communications and knowledge of the evolving workplace trends.
- Proven experience in communications, ideally in an internal or employee communications role.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated with ability to navigate multi-layered and matrixed organizational structure.
- Possess a background in workplace strategy to develop effective communication strategies.
- Understand the evolving employee experience, particularly in hybrid work scenarios.
- Strong knowledge of employer branding, recruitment, or talent technology platforms.
- Ability to navigate complex organizational structures and build relationships at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to create and execute strategic plans.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills to differentiate the workplace communications practice.
- Understanding of B2B marketing and how it applies to internal communications within our client organizations.
- Strategic thinking abilities to develop comprehensive communication strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
Hybrid –Atlanta, GA, Columbus, OHIf this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.