Workday Payroll & Process Support Analyst
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a core member of the Human Resources (HR) Services team, you will play an important role in the global HR Transformation Project with specific focus to Canada, Puerto Rico and US (CAPRUS). You will learn about the future landscape, applications and integrations linked to our Workday implementation. In this role, you will be participating in the Workday process design and integration design sessions and play a key role in all testing.
Once the system is live, you will deliver service assistance to the HR community and other stakeholders. In this role you will partner with our HR colleagues, Information Systems teams, and other stakeholders to effectively improve and maintain the Human Capital Management (HCM), payroll and time system for operational efficiency. This role will include business process support, end user training, and data management.
This is a project role that will conclude in 25 - 30 months. A permanent assignment in the post-project support team will be assessed in due course.
This position reports to
Manager HR Integrations
- Participate in the Workday process design and integration design sessions and play a key role in all testing related requirements.
- Plan and develop use-case test plans for payroll, benefits, and employee life cycle system changes.
- Provide Workday process best practices to the HR Service Operations teams.
- Assist with implementation of key strategies and projects while supporting and optimizing the design, development and performance of key HR business data systems and processes.
- Work with Information Systems team to evaluate Workday releases, recommend process or system optimization and ensure system compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Analyze and validate large HR data loads to ensure accurate data transfer.
- Provide training and assistance utilizing Workday Community and other supported applications.
- Collaborate with Information Systems partners to implement business process upgrades and system enhancements, lead testing and data validations, maintain data integrity, and ensure that overall system performance is aligned with business objectives.
- Prepare and edit reports and user-friendly dashboards.
- Resolve customer inquiries in accordance with the Key Performance Indicators, while also providing exceptional customer service.
- Bachelor's degree with four (4) years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of experience or education.
- 4 years of experience in Workday Payroll processes and related Human Capital Management (HCM) core areas.
- Proficient experience in testing Workday Payroll functionality and design, creating test scripts, archiving documentation within repository and meeting compliance requirements
- Workday implementation experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Team player and passion for working with people and systems, and a strong interest in helping customers succeed.
- Excellent Stakeholder management/ Customer Experience Skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to maintain personal and confidential information.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple moving parts simultaneously and optimally in a matrix organization and with very little oversight and direction.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently but also collaborate across teams.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
Global Business Services (GBS) is ABB’s shared services organization which delivers operational and expert services in Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Legal, Global Travel Services and external Customer Contact Centers. With employees based in five main hubs and front offices, GBS provides mainly Business services to ABB teams across the globe as well as supports with external customer inquiries. We look forward to receiving your application.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability.
You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Important: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.