We’re 8020 — a leading Webflow Enterprise agency + no-code product studio, headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia. We’re backed by Tiny — the family office behind world-renowned agencies and brands, like MetaLab, Z1, CreativeMarket, Dribbble, DoubleUp, Aeropress, Girlboss, Pixel Union, and 35 more.
We help companies + creators like Wave, Vanta, Superlist, Pilot.com, Ellen DeGeneres, Hasan Minhaj, Alltrue, Helix (Q2), and many more move faster without code. Whether they’re a seed-stage startup or a publicly-traded enterprise, brands around the world every day rely on 8020 to design, develop, and launch the internet's most ambitious websites.
We're seeking a talented Webflow Developer to join our remote team at 8020. With a strong reputation in the industry, we’re offering the chance to contribute to forward-thinking Webflow projects for some of the largest names on the internet. As part of a collaborative team, you can work alongside exceptional project managers, designers, and senior developers, creating an environment that encourages personal and professional development.
What We're Looking For
- Experience: You're an experienced developer with at least 2 years of Webflow experience and a portfolio of past work to showcase. You have a strong track record of delivering successful Webflow sites in business settings.
- Efficient: You're comfortable using a development framework like Mast or similar frameworks, and constantly seek opportunities to improve your workflow + speed.
- Communicative: You excel in asynchronous communication through written channels (Slack, ClickUp) or video (Loom) and consistently engage with teammates and clients. Strong English language skills are essential.
- Methodical: Whether writing code snippets or developing complete websites for clients, you meticulously ensure semantic, performant, and optimized deliverables that drive client success. You rigorously test and review your work before deploying it to production.
- Proactive: During periods of free time, you proactively identify and engage in side projects that align with company objectives, enabling skill growth.
What You'll Do
- Figma to Webflow: You'll primarily collaborate with our design team or clients, translating design files (often in Figma) into dynamic, visually appealing websites.
- Perform Audits: We often start retainer or re-platforming projects with an audit to identify high-potential opportunities for our partners. You'll need to be able to look at a website from several perspectives, including SEO, accessibility, performance, and editor experience, to provide strategic recommendations. Experience working with Lighthouse is preferred.
- Retainer Services: In some cases, you'll collaborate closely with clients on an ongoing basis, serving as an extension of their team. Retainer work necessitates exceptional communication skills and the ability to foster strong relationships.
- Be a Good Partner: At 8020, we pride ourselves on being an exceptional and trusted partner to our clients. We approach decision-making as if we were owners of their businesses and rely on you to assist clients in making strategic choices for their success.
Where You'll Do It
This remote-first position allows you to work from anywhere in the world. However, significant preference will be given to candidates who live/or are willing to work in US-friendly time zones.
As part of our contract-to-hire approach, all new team members will have an initial 3-month term to determine compatibility with our company, culture, and role. At the end of this trial period, we'll assess the mutual fit, and if it aligns positively, we'll extend a full-time offer.
At 8020, contributors are evaluated based on output while also expected to accurately track time on projects, providing valuable data for informed company decisions.
Who Will Be Prioritized
- Developers with a proven track record of successfully collaborating with clients or stakeholders in professional environments.
- Developers demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with a willingness to teach and simplify complex concepts.
- Developers with experience working in client service, either within an agency or as a freelancer.
Who This Job Isn’t For
- In line with our core values, you can't be an asshole. Life is short.
- We love it when our team can find ways to self-improve, even in downtime. If you need clear tasks assigned to you at all times, this may not be the role for you.
- Attention to detail is a cornerstone of our work ethos. If you tend to overlook details, you might find this role challenging.
- 8020 is — in many ways — still a startup. We make decisions on the fly and sometimes have to course-correct as we go. In line with our core value of Prioritizing Momentum, you may find it difficult to work here if you need every single question answered before you can move forward on a task.
- Workday must overlap by at least 5 hours with Oklahoma City, OK, USA