VAST Data is a revolutionary IT infrastructure company on a mission to build the only data platform that can match the ambition of AI era companies. By creating simple solutions to make data more meaningful, we help organizations around the world unlock radical intelligence and utility. We equip them to make better decisions, innovate and solve previously impossible problems for the benefit of business and, in turn, society.
At VAST, you will be surrounded by smart and hard working coworkers who are passionate about what they do. The company culture encourages a high level of autonomy and accountability- you can expect to grow both your hard and soft skills significantly. This is a great opportunity to be part of one of the fast-growing startups of all time.
As UI/UX Designer, you will play a critical role in designing intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces for our web & software properties. We are looking for someone who is self-driven, enjoys working with a fast-paced team, and has experience designing dynamic web & software experiences. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, and customer success to create exceptional user experiences that meet our customers' needs and enhance their interactions with VAST.
Join us and discover just how VAST the possibilities are.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design intuitive and visually appealing web experiences & user interfaces that align with VAST Data's brand guidelines and design principles, ensuring a cohesive and seamless experience across our flagship website and web-based application.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual designs to effectively communicate and iterate on design concepts.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure accurate implementation of designs and provide guidance during the development process for both website and software applications.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in Web & UI design to continuously improve our design processes and deliver innovative solutions for both web and software.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to understand user requirements and translate them into user-centric design concepts for both the website and software applications.
- 5 years of experience as a Web/UI Designer, preferably in a software or technology-driven environment, with experience designing both websites and software applications.
- Proficiency in Figma and/or the ingenuity to use unfamiliar tools to put together a solution when needed
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of Web/UI design projects, including web and software applications.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, information architecture, and interaction design.
- Experience with user research methodologies, usability testing, and user feedback analysis for both web and software applications.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively present and advocate for design solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple projects with competing priorities, including the ability to deliver results in tight turnarounds
- A self-directed, critical thinker and an appetite for learning and growing
- Experience designing enterprise software applications or data-related products.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.