San Francisco, CA
New York, NY
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
This senior web developer role will be joining the Growth Marketing team focusing on our web marketing properties, including figma.com. Our team’s mission is to communicate and show the world the power and possibilities of collaborative, open design. We get excited about creating thoughtful and beautifully designed user experiences to help prospective, new and avid users of Figma have the best experience with our products. We’re looking for a teammate who is collaborative, ships to learn, and puts the user first.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll be doing :
- Be a core contributor to the front-end development, optimization, and infrastructure of the Figma marketing website
- Partner with designers, product managers, other developers, and the marketing team on the creation of figma.com and other web properties.
- Proactively bring project ideas, hypothesis, and experiments to the team that will inform the web development roadmap
- Providing leadership and mentorship to a small and growing team
You might be a good fit it you have:
- 3+ years of development experience with React.js, including JSX, Context, and hooks (v16+)
- Experience with static site generators like Gatsby and working with headless CMS tools like Contentful or Sanity
- Understanding of browser APIs, caching, and techniques for optimizing webpage performance
- Understanding of SVGs, browser-based animation, and HTML5 video
- Experience integrating web technologies with marketing tools such as Marketo, Clearbit, Segment, GTM, and others
- Proactive communication skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical collaborators
- A desire to create great team dynamics and rituals and work in a collaborative environment
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.