VP, User Experience, Media & Entertainment
The goal of Autodesk's Media & Entertainment (M&E) team is to allow anyone, anywhere, to create amazing digital entertainment. Our tools empower studios and artists around the globe to create the magical creatures, lush worlds, and powerful characters you see in the games you play and the shows and movies you watch every day. We have a bold vision to help the Media & Entertainment industry transform to the cloud, and we're looking for a Vice President to ensure excellent design is at the core of our plans.
As the Vice President of User Experience, you will report to the Executive Vice President of Media & Entertainment where you will lead our user experience design (UX) team of 40+ employees who are working to bring fluid, cohesive experiences to our current products and cloud platform vision. You will nurture talent, inspire innovation, and unlock collaboration for the creation and evolution of the products our customers love. We ask that you have a strategic vision with a thoughtful approach to collaboration with a focus on the customer as we digitally transform to a cloud and platform environment. Prior successful leadership and change management experience is also imperative, as you will shape our UX team to fulfill our goals and sit on the executive staff which guides our overall Media & Entertainment organization.
At Autodesk, we look to hire trailblazers who reimagine possible, those with diverse backgrounds and inclusive mindsets that enhance our thinking, and leaders who are ready to shape the world and our future. This role is instrumental to our future platform vision where design will be the necessary differentiator.
This role can be hybrid, remote, or on-site anywhere in the United States or Canada.
- Develop a vision for a customer-centric experience for the Media & Entertainment product suite as well as Flow, our industry cloud, while leading the team to accomplish this vision
- Build out and oversee the User Experience design team, including user experience (UX), research, design operations, and content design, in order to meet our goals with a focus on evolving the practice as the discipline matures
- Ensure today's projects align with the long-term vision and roadmap for the future of the Media & Entertainment industry with change management in digital transformation experience
- Build trusting relationships with customers, internal partners, software architects, designers, engineers, and product managers across the company
- Promote a culture of rapid iteration based on insights from customer research and data analytics
- Create an environment where people are inspired to make an impact
- Pursue new technologies and trends and introduce the latest design methodologies
The Vice President, User Experience, Media & Entertainment will have a minimum of 10+ years of experience in Design and 5+ years of experience leading design teams. You are a design leader with experience including:
- Experience in design for platform/SaaS products
- Experience building out and leading user experience (UX) design teams
- Experience leading functions and inspiring teams through change management for digital transformations
- Experience simplifying the complex
- Experience summarizing data and divergent points of view into a single vision
- Ability to develop strategic priorities while promoting and influencing a shared plan with a wide range of audiences at all levels of the organization, including senior executives
- Experience influencing, through collaborative leadership, across multiple cross-product programs as a top facilitator of the creative process with an inclusive approach that rallies the team toward a common goal
- Bachelor's or advanced degree
- Experience building out and leading research, design operations, and content design teams
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience in Design and 10+ years of experience leading design teams.
- Experience in the design of products for the Film, TV, or Games industry
- Design portfolio available of past design experience
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.