VP, Total Rewards
Gong unlocks reality to help people and companies reach their full potential. The patented Gong Reality Platform™ empowers companies to take advantage of their most valuable assets – customer interactions, which the Gong platform automatically captures and analyzes. Gong then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue and go-to-market teams to determine the best actions for winning outcomes. Thousands of innovative companies like Morningstar Inc., Paychex, LinkedIn, Shopify, Slack, Sprout Social, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to power their customer reality. Gong is an award winning company and was recognized on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top Startups, and Great Places to Work lists in 2022.
We are looking for a Head of Total Rewards to serve as the leader responsible for the strategy, design, and development of our total rewards programs. This includes all things compensation, including base salary, equity-based programs, variable pay, bonuses, promotions, and more, as well as a creative benefits program that supports our diverse global team. We are looking for someone to be a true partner to internal stakeholders, as well as someone who has a keen eye for what is happening externally. As a valuable member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work cross functionally with our Executive Leadership Team to recommend, develop, and implement successful total rewards strategies.
- Drive the strategic design and execution of our global Total Rewards Programs (base and variable pay, merit, promotions, quarterly bonuses, equity, benefits etc.) in line with the business needs, culture, and values.
- Research, analyze, and recommend global benefit programs ensuring market competitiveness and ability to attract/reward/retain top talent.
- Serve as an integral member of the People Leadership Team to advise on programs impacting the organization as a whole and collaborate with People Business Partners to understand and address the unique needs of their various client groups.
- Play a key role in the creation of materials for Compensation Committee meetings along with CPO and CFO to drive annual recommendations for executive compensation, equity programs, and other analysis requested by the Committee.
- Design and optimize compensation and benefits initiatives that are aligned to Gong’s operating principles.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a small team of two Senior Managers
- Collaborate with leadership across Gong to establish clear and concise programs to ensure successful retention, succession planning, and advancement of our future leaders.
- Ensure that program objectives are effectively communicated enterprise-wide and understood through a variety of education and communication methods.
- Provide counsel, develop solutions (e.g., manager training for compensation conversations), and broadcast educational pieces and programs around total rewards.
- Lead the team through regular benchmarking cycles to analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices to create market competitive reward packages and to identify potential opportunities and gaps.
- Lead evolution of compensation and benefits programs from private to public company readiness.
- 12-15 years of experience including 10+ years of experience leading within Total Rewards Programs.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation practices including experience in compensation program design and implementation.
- Outstanding customer service skills coupled with the proven ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization including cross-functional senior leaders and the CEO.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities that require strong project management and decision-making capabilities, as a hands-on approach is required.
- Strong communication skills; able to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner, deftly answer challenging compensation questions, and connect with a variety of audiences from our Board members to our employees.
- Background working for a SaaS company.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- We offer Gongsters a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
- Wellbeing Fund - flexible wellness stipend to support a healthy lifestyle.
- Mental Health benefits with covered therapy and coaching.
- 401(k) program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter.
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment.
Gong is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.