VP, Technology Operations
At Sephora we inspire our customers, empower our teams, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We create an environment where people are valued, and differences are celebrated. Every day, our teams across the world bring to life our purpose: to expand the way the world sees beauty by empowering the Extra Ordinary in each of us. We are united by a common goal - to reimagine the future of beauty.
The Vice President, Technology Operations is responsible for leading the organization's efforts in project management, quality engineering, IT service management, and Client Engineering. The VP will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of these operations processes, as well as for ensuring that they are aligned with the organization's overall goals. The VP will be responsible for maintaining a culture of innovation within the organization's technology operations to ensure ongoing agility, flexibility, scale, and adoption of best practices. It will be critical to place specific focus on striking the right balance between ensuring frictionless speed to delivery and systems stability. The ideal candidate is a thought leader, a consensus builder, and an integrator of people and processes. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of project management, quality engineering, IT service management, and client engineering
- Ensure that these processes are aligned with the organization's overall goals
- Develop and implement metrics to measure high performance
- Analyze data and identify opportunities for improvement
- Report on the performance of these processes to senior management
- Develop and manage the budget for the Tech Operations team, communicating with IT leadership budget and forecast direction and changes.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Maintain a culture of innovation within the Tech organization to ensure ongoing flexibility, scale, and adoption of best practices
- Strike a right balance between ensuring frictionless speed to delivery and systems stability
- Leadership for delivery of 24/7 service operations.
Values, Competencies and Abilities:
- Regularly demonstrates our Sephora values: Passion, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect, Teamwork, and Initiatives.
- Competencies: Agility & Manages Ambiguity, Cultivated Creativity & Disruption, Drives Results; Collaborates; Values Uniqueness & Differences; Resilience, Strategic Vision & Client Focus oriented.
We would love to hear from you if you meet the following:
The ideal candidate will be a transformational leader that is technically competent and has a track record leading technology operations, possesses strong communication, leadership and organizational development skills. Beyond excellent delivery skills, the ideal candidate will be a pragmatic leader with the ability to create real value through the alignment of security, technology and business interests. An ability to interact with, engage, and partner effectively with leaders from business and technology is critical to success. Other requirements include:
- Minimum of 15 years of Technology experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in leadership positions, leading and inspiring high performing teams
- Proven track record in defining and executing to a technology roadmap and successfully executing programs that meet objectives of excellence in a dynamic environment.
- Proven leadership in improving Change Management maturity, major incident response, targeted business communication and driving improvement in application availability/stability/performance.
- Experience leading 24x7 IT operations, defining strategy/roadmaps, selecting technology for large corporate environments, or providing customer centric support.
- Experience planning and managing annual IT budgets; strong vendor management experience.
- Proven track record of an automation first approach to solve problems at scale
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong executive presence and leadership resulting in the ability to forge cross-functional partnerships and drive strong, organization results.
- Experience to build, evolve and coach large teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or related field
The annual base salary range for this position is $311,000.00 - $330,000.00 The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the applicant’s qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; specific and unique skills; level of education attained; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the job. Individuals employed in this position may also be eligible to earn bonuses. Sephora offers a generous benefits package to full-time employees, which includes comprehensive health, dental and vision plans; a superior 401(k) plan, various paid time off programs; employee discount/perks; life insurance; disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; and an employee referral bonus program.
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The learning. We invest in training and developing our teams, and you will continue evolving and building your skills through personalized career plans.
- The culture. As a leading beauty retailer within the LVMH family, our reach is broad, and our impact is global. It is in our DNA to innovate and, at Sephora, all 40,000 passionate team members across 35 markets and 3,000+ stores, are united by a common goal - to reimagine the future of beauty.
You can unleash your creativity, because we’ve got disruptive spirit. You can learn and evolve, because we empower you to be your best. You can be yourself, because you are what sets us apart. This, is the future of beauty. Reimagine your future, at Sephora.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.