VP, Talent and Learning
MastercardPurchase, New York8 days ago
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company.
We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Talent and LearningVP Talent & Learning - Data and Services, Cyber and Intelligence and Integrated Marketing and Communications.
Mastercard is the organization where the best people choose to be and to stay. In order to bring this vision to reality we are looking for a Vice President Talent and Learning Consultant to support the Global Business Units for: Data and Services, Cyber and Intelligence and Integrated Marketing and Communications.
The Vice President, Talent and learning will be responsible for creating and implementing an end to end talent strategy for their respective business units, in collaboration with People & Capability partners, relevant COEs and regional colleagues by providing expert guidance based on leading practices.
This role reports to the Chief Talent Officer.
Work in partnership to define and manage business unit talent needs, and collaborate with the Global Talent Management and Talent Development teams to:
- Provides thought leadership around the launch and delivery of Talent Management/Succession Planning, Enterprise-wide Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Learning Strategy, training and other organization development-related projects as identified by the COE and P&C leadership team
- Manage the outcomes of talent management practices, including practical succession management, driving career moves and regular local talent discussions, and pressing for development and progression as identified by the plans in place.
- Deliver Performance Management outcomes that are effective at creating feedback and development to employees
- Support global Management and Leadership Training and Development initiatives and adapt as needed for local needs in partnership with regional talent leads for the business unit.
- Support organizational design/restructuring, working with your People and Capability Partners and other key business leaders around talent deployment and development.
- Support the delivery of employee engagement and pulse surveys, facilitating debriefs and pressing for practical steps to increase engagement for your business unit.
- Facilitate the delivery of sales, product, professional skills and technology training as needed for the business unit in partnership/consultation with learning academy.
- Diagnose current and future capability needs to create and execute on learning plan.
- First line of contact for the group(s) when a new learning need is identified by the business to determine if it is indeed a learning need and applying knowledge of learning solutions to help think about the right approach for the need, what the objectives and measures of success are, etc.
- Partner with People and Capability Partners in your business unit to implement a talent pipeline strategy that ensures future talent needs are being met and a continuous flow of the right candidates is established
- Drive change management and organization design support for relevant group(s) (including M&A activity)
- Ensue a relentless focus on diversity and inclusion in all people related activities
- Contribute to global talent agenda and be an integral member of the Global Talent Leadership Team.
- Works closely with, and must be perceived as a credible expert by, senior management, business unit management teams, People and Capability Partners, Global Subject Matter Experts and key stakeholders across the Region and the company.
- Must understand the key business goals, and be able to determine the talent and development needs of the business units and to support those business goals, both now and in the future.
All About You:
- Track record of successfully creating, launching and leading “world-class” Talent Management/Succession Planning, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Learning Planning and other key programs and processes in a global company
- Effective as an internal consultant, relationship manager, facilitator, coach and team player
- Excellent executive presence, credible with employees at every level
- Able to connect easily with people, empathize and build trust
- Excellent oral communication, interpersonal, writing skills
- Excellent at organizing and coordinating to get things done; strong project management skills
- Able to multitask, deal with complexity, manage multiple deliverables
- Creative and practical; able to innovate but knows when to simply get things moving
- Influencing skills, able to get things done without authority and to negotiate effectively
- Good with ambiguity, takes initiative and ownership where necessary
- Excellent at process and strategy
- Relationship and organizational savvy, but straightforward, not a game player
- Skilled at collaboration, creating teams, cooperating across networks
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.