VP, Talent Acquisition
The Vice President, Talent Acquisition will develop hiring solutions that support the continuous growth of the organization. The Vice President, Talent Acquisition plays a critical role in defining the people agenda to support SBM’s hiring strategy. This role will be responsible for driving the talent acquisition (TA) strategy, technology, and employer branding while continuing to strengthen the TA foundation and workflows for both the field and corporate office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reimagining how we create exceptional experiences for candidates, hiring managers, and new hires.
- Ensuring the TA organization is proactive with high-performing recruiters in place.
- Building strong partnerships across the business to be known as a strategic business partner.
- Create a vision to ensure SBM possesses a best-in-class recruitment strategy.
- Develops and maintains contacts with educational institutions, employment agencies, placement firms, and other sources of applicants.
- Lead efforts to pilot alternative sourcing strategies, build talent pipelines, manage external partnerships (e.g., colleges, portals, and vendors), and expand external marketing efforts.
- Develop a strategy to understand the skillsets of our employees in order to facilitate internal mobility and progression for them.
- Regularly assess, develop and/or manage and implement against existing and new TA programs and technology, processes and tools, and new and non-traditional acquisition channels.
- Codify the recruitment and selection process and develop technology tools and solutions to support effective and equitable hiring across the organization.
- Coach and support hiring managers throughout the organization to ensure SBM recruits exceptional and diverse talent globally.
- Screen and assess senior-level candidates for alignment with organizational culture
- Refine the organization's onboarding program to ensure new hires have a smooth and productive initial experience
- Track and utilize attraction and retention data to continually improve the approach to hiring
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports and other data to monitor department success and presents to the senior team
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human resources, or a related field from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years in talent acquisition, including 6+ years in a senior talent acquisition leadership role.
- Deep demonstrated experience building and leading high-performing recruiting teams in a high-growth organization.
- Expert-level experience in TA vision and strategy development.
- Deep experience implementing talent software and tools, specifically ATS and HCM systems.
- Experience coaching and mentoring direct reports, peers, and senior leaders on effective talent management practices; track record of driving organizational results by coaching and mentoring.
- Data-driven with the ability to analyze talent metrics, identify trends and opportunities, as well as optimize recruiting processes and strategies to rival best-in-class practices.
- Previous experience creating a workforce planning capability at an enterprise level is highly preferred.
- Proven success developing, executing and delivering results on employer brand go-to-market strategies and campaigns.
- Prior experience leading teams in a diverse environment while driving D&I recruiting initiatives.
- Demonstrated executive presence and effective communication across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to inspire and motivate a dispersed team across multiple functions within Talent Acquisition.