VP, Sr Credit Analyst
Aflac Asset Management, LLC, (d.b.a. Aflac Global Investments) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aflac Incorporated (Aflac). Aflac Global Investments (GI) located in New York’s financial district and is the organization responsible for the overall investment activities of Aflac, Inc. and subsidiaries in Japan, Bermuda (Aflac Reinsurance), and Aflac Asset Management, LLC. (U.S). With 150 employees globally, GI seeks investments to maximize long-term returns with a focus on preservation of capital, subject to our asset-liability profile and liquidity and capital requirements. GI has primary investment and asset management responsibility for Aflac’s general account consisting of public, private, and growth assets (including strategic partnerships) which generates approximately $3.5 billion a year in net investment income. As of year-end 2022, Aflac’s total general account portfolio was $111 billion.
Within a Global Insurance Company, the Senior Credit Analyst is a member of the Credit Team within Investment Management who must work in close collaboration with the Portfolio Manager and the other Credit Analysts in the development and implementation of credit research, analysis, and recommendations consistent with the company’s overall portfolio objectives.
- Reports to: Global Head of Credit
- Primary Support: Credit Team
Other Relationships: Other Credit Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Compliance, Legal, Trading Desk, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Auditors, Investment Risk Management (IRM), IT and other key stakeholders.
- Credit Analyst will be responsible for proactively monitoring sectors and taking the lead in making recommendations for portfolios supporting global insurance products.
- Credit analysts must conduct in-depth market research across assigned sectors to support investment recommendations. Key components of this analysis will include, but not be limited to, key trends and competitive landscape in assigned sectors; review of company financial reports; earnings and news releases; and a framework for analyzing relative value within and across industry sectors. Monitor, gather, and organize information critical to the credit investment decision process. Provide verbal and written summaries of relevant information. Calculate key credit metrics, particularly liquidity, leverage, and cash flow ratios.
- Identify potential new investments for the portfolio; Keep portfolio manager apprised of key news events
- Prepare oral and written analyses and summaries to other credit analysts and key stake holders as needed.
- Have a detailed understanding of each bonds’ position in the capital structure.
- Perform relative value analysis for the portfolio.
- Maintain relationships with sell-side analysts, rating agencies and company management to keep up to date on investment opportunities.
- Update and manage relevant internal and external sources of data.
- Conduct ad hoc projects, analyses, and other support to relevant stakeholders as required
- Direct experience in Credit Research and 15+ years’ experience.
- B.A. / B.S degree in finance, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or similar quantitative discipline is required. MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Requirements include: strong analytical capabilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Buy-side experience preferred although not required.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a fluid environment and to complete tasks independently yet, interact in a team environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to work on multiple projects with different deadlines independently.
The range on this positions is: $100,000 - $232,000
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies, 401(k) plans, and generous paid time off. You’ll also be granted time off for designated paid holidays and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick, adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.