VP, Software Engineering
Responsible for developing the strategic direction, design, development and implementation of systems (within a specific focus) that align software solutions and technologies to meet the overall business needs and objectives across Comcast. This leader should have experiences with interactive media acting as an intermediary between marketing technology and sales teams. Primarily focus on implementing technologies, processes, and policies to support digital marketing strategies across media platforms. Substantial experience in multiple ad trafficking platforms and inventory management systems. Will leverage technology and data, identify improvement opportunities, and implement highly scalable and efficient solutions to drive revenue. A key member of the Comcast Enterprise Technology senior management team, this role helps lead the Company's development teams in delivering and supporting enterprise systems that enhance the employee and customer experience, reduce operating costs and support various business operations. Creates and executes business strategies to achieve desired business results. Interacts with top management, vendors and decision-makers to build relationships and influence decisions. Sets objectives for direct reports and oversees the leadership and management of designated division(s).
- Develops and improves operational efficiency for the Software Development & Engineering MarTech function and creates strategic business plans aimed at achieving those objectives.
- Drive business results through marketing strategies.
- Have a proven and recognized record and ability to translate a marketing vision into tangible results through strategy and operational excellence.
- Discerns which new technologies to incorporate into the Software Development & Engineering program. Executes change and new standards and policies effecting the design, development and deployment of software engineering and web applications solutions. Recommends organization-wide software engineering performance and service standards.
- Coordinates all program activities with other Company development, implementation and operations teams.
- Participates with other leaders in determining business strategies effecting the Software Development & Engineering function. Recommends adjustments for, or adjusts, software engineering plans to support changing business direction and needs.
- Provides regular executive briefings to corporate and field executives on program direction and status.
- Negotiates for resources at top management, ensuring that division(s) have the necessary resources, training and staff to achieve their strategic and operating goals.
- Builds and enhances important internal and external relationships. Manages vendors; negotiates contracts.
- Creates and manages a program of continual productivity improvement within the organization.
- Provides strategic leadership and guidance to one or more directors, senior directors, managers etc. Provides leadership in setting directions for and achieving objectives of, the designated division(s) or group(s).
- Acts as a technical expert and may be responsible for managing scrum SDLC, web services development and other technical elements relevant to the area(s) of focus.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
- Master's Degree
- While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
15 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.