SAPNewtown Square, PA, 14 days ago
The VP P&T Sales, Midwest will be responsible for effectively defining and implementing the appropriate sales strategy across the Platform & Technology for Midwest as the #1 strategic growth area for SAP. The candidate will be tasked to effectively grow, mentor, and lead a world-class sales organization, contributing to the overall leadership and strategy of SAP.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Lead and manage all sales activities for Platform & Technology defining the appropriate go-to-market strategy and executing against an aggressive plan to increase revenues and grow market share. This will include building an effective sales process, execution strategy, sales organization and partner ecosystem around a “hybrid model” that includes standard products, custom software development, cloud and services.
- Provide thought leadership, in terms of revenue-generating ideas and solutions, as well as effective planning and forecasting of sales results with a consistent record of achieving/exceeding plans.
- Manage the appropriate levels of integration with the PDM development organization to effectively influence the timing and delivery of industry-specific solutions demanded by the marketplace.
- Provide strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top-quality talent to ensure highest levels of performance and productivity.
- Serve as the key point of contact with Platform & Technology in Midwest customers of SAP America, thereby developing and maintaining strong relationships with strategic partners, key customers and members of the sales team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Within this broad experience framework, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following competencies:
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will identify and meet ambitious performance benchmarks, driving for results with a positive impact on SAP’s image and position in the enterprise software market on a consistent basis and under the full range of market and economic conditions. This person will be able to point to a pattern of continuously introducing substantive improvements that have significant bottom line impact.
- Influencing Skills. He/she must possess the executive presence, credibility and tenacity to successfully influence the broader SAP organization, including the development and product marketing organizations, so that the right solutions are brought to market in a timely manner. Therefore, he/she will be someone who invests in building relationships with others and uses the informal structure and culture of an organization to get things done. This individual will bring people together across organizational boundaries to achieve results as a team and share best practices. This person will also demonstrate the personal flexibility to adapt and compromise when necessary, while actively contributing new innovative thinking to the broader organization.
- Team Leadership: The successful candidate will be responsible for building and mentoring a high-caliber team. He/she must be able to identify and fill any talent gaps, and must mentor and develop team members so that there is a robust talent pipeline within the group. The individual must have demonstrated the capabilities to inspire and earn the respect of his/her people, and the interpersonal skills required to provide effective feedback, both positive and negative. They should be able to show they have made both “good hires” and have made the difficult decisions necessary to remove those who do not deliver the necessary performance. Additionally, the ideal candidate is a sales leader who involves his team actively in establishing sales benchmarks, brainstorming strategies for success, and holding each other to a consistent standard of excellence.
- Customer Impact: The ideal candidate will leverage his/her knowledge of the customer’s perspective to anticipate requirements and to tailor competitive. He/she will have demonstrated the ability to establish strong executive relationships at the senior-most levels in customer organizations leading to a demonstrable track record of increasing sales and partnership value creation. He/she will have the proven ability to influence, build rapport, and gain credibility with both business and technology executives.
- Market Knowledge: The ideal candidate will extend his/her contextual knowledge of the enterprise software market, understand market trends to ensure market share gains for SAP through strategic selling well enough to identify creative business solutions to customer problems, and identify emerging opportunities and maintain effective client relationship management.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience selling complex enterprise software and/or IT solutions to leading organizations. In addition, he/she will have direct experience building an effective sales process, organization and execution model around a “hybrid model” covering standard product, custom software development, cloud and services, as well as experience building and managing a sales strategy inclusive of strategic Partners. This role is within one of SAP’s highest growth potential segments and offers an expanding product portfolio. Therefore, this individual must have the ability to build deep relationships and creatively identify and drive opportunities to deliver value and business solutions, including the ability to gain credibility and build relationships quickly with key customer and industry contacts.
This executive will have demonstrated his/her ability to aggressively grow a technology services or enterprise software business, as well as a focus on high-end solutions. This will be evidenced by not merely growing with the market but by leading an organization to profitably gain market share and grow faster than competitors. This individual should have a strong sales leadership background and must possess true executive level leadership capabilities with a proven grasp of overall business segment success and ability to work with the appropriate development and delivery resources. The successful candidate will exude confidence, inspire teamwork and collaboration, and be seen as a good coach, mentor and advocate.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :Virtual - USA