VP Retail Partnerships
San Francisco, CA
Acquired by Synchrony in June 2018, Loop Commerce is a transformative force in the $650 billion Gift-Commerce category. The Loop Commerce team is an elite group of professionals who make a difference every day in the lives of consumers and businesses that use our service and in the bottom line of the enterprises we work with. Our sales organization is growing quickly and we’re making some key hires in support of our growth goals.
Ready to work on an exciting product that is at the forefront of changing an entire e-commerce industry and touches millions of consumers across leading retailers? Loop Commerce, a Synchrony Solution, has transformed the retail experience with GiftNow® by allowing retailers to offer gift givers enhanced choices at check out and gives gift recipients personalized options. We’ve recently expanded our capabilities with our GiftNow® platform, to drive further value to retailers and consumers. As we continue to grow, we need talented, passionate and innovative people to join our team and help redefine how people buy and receive gifts across the digital and physical worlds.
Join our team as a VP, Merchant Solutions where you’ll have the unique opportunity lead efforts find, sell, close deals with and to build out a robust retail partnerships network for Loop’s patented gifting application, reporting to the VP, Business Leader of Merchant Solutions. We offer a vibrant culture as being a family-like and fun-loving atmosphere, agile, and focused on defining the leading edge of something meaningful for millions of people. And now, while maintaining our start-up culture and fast-pace innovation, Loop has the backing and support of Synchrony to fuel and accelerate its growth and success.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. To ensure the safety of our colleagues and communities, we require employees who come together in-person to be fully vaccinated. We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility.
- Generate and drive new business opportunities through prospecting and networking within a specific territory or set of named Retail and Brand accounts
- Conduct well-informed and consultative meetings with senior level executives (C-suite) to demonstrate the business value of the Loop Commerce solution(s)
- Own all aspects of the sale from aggressively prospecting and generating new business opportunities to navigating the legal review of a contract
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams to efficiently navigate complex sales cycles
- Provide up to date and accurate forecasts by actively updating all things Outreach/Salesforce related
- Responsible for executing against a data-driven processes such as sales programs, major account strategy, outbound initiatives, lead gen/management, and continue to innovate in the sales process.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related program, or a minimum of 10 years Marketing experience
- A minimum of 7 years of sales experience at the enterprise level of digital commerce organizations. Proven track record of successfully executing on large deals in the tech space, interacting with cross functional, senior leadership and decision makers, and working the full lifecycle of the deal.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills – strong phone skills are also required
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Master’s degree
- Start-up experience,
- Strong digital commerce understanding
- Ability to navigate & work within a matrixed environment- leveraging the right partners/teams to deliver on desired objectives
- Apply test & learn methodologies to drive stronger understanding on what works and what doesn’t
- Strong presentation skills/Ability to influence
- Passion for opportunities Loop has to offer its customers, retailers & partners
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Strategic thinking with ability to develop and implement actionable plans to drive business results
- Proven ability to partner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization,
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 – 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.