AWH is a vertically integrated cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator with assets in Illinois, Massachusetts Michigan and Ohio. We seek to foster a robust and inclusive cannabis organization through providing a premium, unmatched customer-focused retail experience and producing quality and mindfully created cannabis products. Our goal is to build a world class team that will continue our mission of helping to shape the future of cannabis and bettering our customers life with cannabis. How will we achieve this? By offering unrivaled quality, consistency and meticulously curated products that satisfy our customers unique, individual needs.
When it comes to customer service experience, our dispensaries will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people and our communities; we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and stay dedicated to our mission as we scale continuously.
Our people are our greatest asset. Our teams are comprised of a group of skilled and passionate professionals and partners from a diverse range of fields. We believe in not only building a diverse team but creating a space where ALL feel welcome and training our leaders to not only be inclusive themselves but to inspire their teams to be the same. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We believe in providing competitive compensation, quality benefits and a work environment that fosters creativity, hard work and leverage every one of our employees' unique skills while giving them what it takes to advance those said skills and learn new ones. We sweat the details to ensure our teams are confident and excited to provide best in class service to our customers and communities we serve.
The Vice President of Retail (EAST) is responsible for leading, executing and scaling all of store operations, sales, management, and development. This position will take the primary leadership in all aspects of the retail business, developing high performing teams, driving sales, and building retail operations for all locations.
- Dynamic, engaging leader that provides strategic leadership, direction, management, and vision to ensure the overall successful delivery and operations of each store
- Responsible for growing and differentiating our brand, coordinating with marketing to drive demand and traffic, fostering our company culture, and creating a unique and memorable shopping experience for our customers
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of retail performance, ensuring efficient and sound operations, maximizing profit, and delivering a leading in-store customer experience
- Establish and ensure key performance indicators (KPI) are being tracked and achieved across regions and store locations
- Deliver weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reports that offer fact-based summaries of performance and facilitate decisionmaking; understand key performance indicators and correlating behaviors to impact each driver
- In partnership with compliance and HR, monitor Standard Operating Procedures for all retail locations, and ensure they are in full compliance with local, state, and federal laws
- Manage the Retail P&L, financial budgeting, forecasting, and reporting with support from finance team
- Coach and develop Regional Managers on business acumen, visual presentation and people management through store visits and frequent touch bases
- Develop and lead the retail teams, with responsibility for defining team strategy and project plans to execute initiatives
- Lead the store workforce management team to drive efficiencies in store scheduling, payroll forecasting, reporting and administration of incentive programs
- Partner with the Finance and Accounting department to analyze store incentive programs to recommend changes that will drive top line growth and/or expense savings
- Primary liaison between the C-Suite and Store Management to ensure that all information is communicated in a timely, consistent, and brand appropriate manner
- Drive operational excellence in stores by creating consistent and efficient back of house standards across the entire store fleet
- Oversee Regional Managers to drive field compliance of back of house standards through regular store visits and audits
- Manage store opening, expansion, relocation and closing process to ensure consistent execution
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to refine strategies to continuously deliver a seamless end to end customer experience that spans both online and stores
- Stay informed of new technology and cannabis industry initiatives to drive innovation and efficiency within stores
- Partner with the Human Resources department to support training tools and new hire onboarding process to enhance customer experience and increase store productivity
- Establish the rules of engagement to ensure that clear expectations are set and agreed upon between business units while fostering collaborative working relationships with retail operations to drive business growth, strategic initiatives, and operational standards.
- Bachelor's degree or 15+ years of experience in lieu of degree, opening and managing multiple retail locations across multiple states
- Strong personnel management and retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail systems, merchandising, customer service and store budget preparation
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, critical-thinking, and presentation skills; including the ability to provide written and verbal direction effectively
- Experience establishing and tracking KPI's and additional sales and performance metrics.
- Passionate about the cannabis industry and thrives in a dynamic, high growth environment
- Regular travel to retail locations across multiple states is required on a frequent basis
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and prioritize workload to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Must be a collaborative team player who can both nurture and develop retail management
- Proven leadership ability, as well as strength in building internal partnerships
- Ability to think strategically and develop achievable long-term goals
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills to successfully implement strategic initiatives from initial idea through execution
At Ascend, we care about the safety of our patients, customers, Ascenders and vendors. Therefore, AWH requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. Individuals with religious or medical accommodations may request an exemption.