VP, Regulatory & Public Affairs
Position is responsible for all regulatory and public affairs for Entergy. Role seeks to optimize our efforts as we face several key issues in the Legislature.
- Provide for the coordination and management of issues in the regulatory and governmental arenas, using a cross functional organization. Coordinate the use of regulatory affairs, governmental affairs, communications, consultants, third party and allies (advocates). Leader is responsible for coordinating volunteer opportunities for all BU employees working within the service territory through community, board and association participation to develop employees and promote Entergy's presence and commitment to the communities we serve.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve public opinion and improve reputational capital. Provide a coordinated and focused effort on PSC and Legislative issues by executing short & long term legislative strategies. Effectively utilize communications and other resources to manage public perception and response to adverse public opinion. Establish grassroots organizations of employees, retirees and allies to proactively address company issues.
- Leads low-income, grant and contributions, employee volunteer programs, event coordination and participation, social responsibility program, The Power to Care, and retiree programs for the OpCo. Responsible for coordinating volunteer opportunities for all BU employees working within the service territory through community, board and association participation to develop employees and promote Entergy's presence and commitment to the communities we serve.
- Review all regulatory agency submission materials to ensure timeliness, accuracy, comprehensiveness, or compliance with regulatory standards. Provide regulatory guidance to departments or development project teams regarding design, development, evaluation, or marketing of products.
- Formulate or implement regulatory affairs policies and procedures to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced. Communicate regulatory information to multiple departments and ensure that information is interpreted correctly. Responsible for setting the regulatory strategy based on jurisdictional needs, in order to ensure favorable regulatory treatment and to achieve maximum allowable ROE. Determines regulatory strategy, based on jurisdictional needs and manages key regulatory processes in the OpCos. Frequently interfaces with commission staff to clarify company position on various regulatory issues.
- Develop Entergy's position on resource planning activities and responds to commission inquiries. Support customer service on tariff and rate related issues. Coordinate company action on directives issued by commission staff. Interface with regulatory services on operational issues. The key metrics, financial targets and other parameters of success used to measure performance are: achieved ROE; percentage accuracy and timely ongoing regulatory filing activity; percentage accuracy and timely rate case & FRP filings; timely recovery of fuel costs; timely recovery of all storm costs.
Minimum education required of the position
- Typically requires a college or university degree in related field or the equivalent work experience
- Preferred: advanced degree
Minimum experience required of the position
- 8+ years experience in Regulatory/Governmental or related experience
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required of the position
- Functional Knowledge: Requires broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment.
- Business Expertise: Applies in-depth knowledge of own function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition.
- Problem Solving: Leads a function typically through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes functional strategy to achieve key business objectives.
- Impact: Guided by company strategy and functional business objectives, impacts results of a core business.
- Interpersonal Skills: Influences and negotiates with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.