VP, Regional Sales Director
Reporting directly to the Eastern RVP, the Vice President, Regional Sales Director (RSD), is responsible for working with Sales Directors across the Eastern region to deliver revenue and optimize profits. The RSD will be expected to set strategy and lead deployment of OUTFRONT’s industry leading sales practices in their region. In a matrix organization, they will work closely with the RVP, with shared oversight for Sales Directors in the region and achievement of revenue goals.
Primary responsibilities of the RSD include reaching and exceeding market and region revenue budget numbers, driving demand to accelerate pricing and profits, and striving for continued double-digit sales growth. The RSD will work closely with regional marketing leads to activate top of the funnel marketing activities, events, prospecting, go-to-market deployment of new offerings and marketing campaigns, as well as setting category strategies and company targets. The RSD will work closely with sales analytics and operations to measure and report on sales efforts and continually refine the strategy and approach in their markets.
A key aspect to the role is developing and implementing training agendas and tools that provide uniformity and standardization for continual Sales Director growth and elevation.
- Work closely with the RVP to achieve market and region objectives, communicating successfully and effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Oversee the regional sales processes for the company, working with Sales Directors to develop, refine, and deploy sales strategy and processes
- Lead, inspire, motivate and train Sales Directors to help them achieve their sales plans, activities, and objectives
- Hold weekly leadership meetings with the RVP and separately the Sales Directors, review Key Performance Metrics, identifying and assessing risks and opportunities early, developing solutions and remediation, and driving corrections
- Integrate efficient sales programs and processes to minimize company resources while maximizing business contracts and revenue
- Take regional lead in working with Sales Analytics and Operations to deploy best-in-class processes, customer service, account management, and training on system enhancements
- Develop our Sales Directors to reach their full potential, and to lead AEs to their full potential
- Forecast and present sales data to region and company leaders in collaboration with GMs
- Define and collaborate with RSD peers on sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required. Will include weekly team meeting cadence
- Offer support and guidance to Sales Directors (and GMs) in setting AE Budgets and earning targets as needed
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans and identify priorities based on a "lead generation” focus – working closing with the Regional Marketing Directors (RMD)
- Coordinate and prioritize large target account activities with Sales Directors
- Ensure sales tools (CRM, OAC Dashboards, lead generation, activity, marketing collateral, proposal templates, etc.) are used effectively by each market
- Review Sales Director’s pipelines and provide strategic and tactical guidance to address account challenges, building the SD’s and AE’s ability to solve similar challenges in the future.
- Work cross-functionally and lead the evolution of sales, presales, post-sales support efforts for accounts to achieve business goals
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners, developing key relationships and gain first- hand knowledge of each market’s inventory and footprint
The RSDs’ performance will be measured by specific metrics, including but not limited to:
- Revenue Budget achievement
- Fullness and quality of adoption of OUTFRONT’s standard sales practices and initiatives within their region’s markets and amongst the AEs
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in sales management, ideally progressive in experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, however equivalent industry expertise in lieu of a degree will be considered; MBA preferred
- Strong appreciation for diversity, track record of building diversity in teams that align with the demographic of the marketplace
- Proven track record of success managing a sales team to profitably and efficiently meeting KPI’s
- Experience managing a multi-location sales team, and experience in multiple markets
- Knowledge and proficient utilization of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and utilization of CRM
- Travel to Markets within Region as needed
- Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive inquiries or complaints in a timely manner. Ability to "read a room" and adapt to audience.
- Executive Presence and Communications: High-level written and verbal communication skills including the ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to top management. Good listening and interpretation skills
- Success building a go-to-market strategy and sales plan that delivers growth
- Success leading teams in selling to new clients and selling new products
- Success managing key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities
- Success utilizing a CRM, or like data, to manage a team’s sales tasks, pipeline, and closing performance
- Success hiring and onboarding top-performing sales representatives
- Experience providing status reports with market and customer feedback, measurements, and insights to corporate and regional leadership teams
- Proven ability of recognizing and addressing problems quickly; taking ownership to personally resolve problems, involving others appropriately, and when needed asking for assistance
Based on the NYC vaccine mandate effective 12/27/2021, all employees will be required to show proof of vaccination in accordance with mandate.
To all Recruitment Agencies: OUTFRONT Media LLC does not accept agency and unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our OUTFRONT Media employees or any other company location.
OUTFRONT Media is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
OUTFRONT Media Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants shall receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. Please refer to the OUTFRONT Media Affirmative Action policy statement.