VP Public Sector
Color is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. We have raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing our valuation to $4.6 billion and our total raised amount to $378 million. We work with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
Apply to join Color and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
What we offer:
- 💰 Competitive salary
- ✨ Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits. Including employer HSA contributions.
- 📈 401k match
- 📝 Monthly lunch, phone, and wifi stipend for remote employees
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy, paid holidays, and company-wide recharge days
- 💌 Monthly stipend to spend on your well being
- 🍼 Equal paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- 🧬 Four complimentary clinical-grade genetic testing kits for you and your family
You will have the exciting opportunity to build and lead a U.S. team that will help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and adoption of Color services in Public Sector U.S. State and Local Government. Your responsibilities will include engaging with C-suite customers and prospects across Public Sector organizations to deepen our relationships, helping sales advance their business, working with strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events to drive thought leadership, leading the process to guide our government solutions, and creating significant business opportunities for Color. You will provide insight and feedback to core services teams to help evolve future Color offerings for more rapid adoption by customers.
The ideal candidate will have both business/consulting experience and experience working with Public Sector customers, with demonstrated sales experience interacting at the government CxO/VP level, with a deep understanding of public health or healthcare. The candidate should have a solid experience working with partners in the healthcare space. The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. The candidate will have a proven track record of leading and driving multiple complex industry initiatives to meet business and sales objectives, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of healthcare industry, and a passion for helping state and local customers transform healthcare delivery using Color's services.
This leader will be a face of the company and have expert level knowledge of Color, as well as the competitive environment, technology, and economic or social implications of Color's activities; this will enable them to develop and implement strategic plans and objectives that align with the Company's overall business strategy. Interactions will frequently involve speaking to or negotiating with important customers, influencing other executives, as well as possibly the Board (in some cases), and/or representing Color on matters of great significance.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have/Be:
- 12+ years of work/sales experience in consulting, product management, product marketing, business development, and/or transformation roles in public sector, across government verticals.
- 8+ years of experience in healthcare technology or technical sales.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Nice to Have:
- Passion for the government industry – good understanding of how governments and the public sector industry procure, operate and the unique characteristics in healthcare.
- Experience with U.S. state and local governments.
- Client-facing experience and the ability to execute peer-to-peer engagements with senior level Government CxO’s.
- Experience working closely with National Institutes of Health (NIH), Health and Human Services (HHS), Medicare/Medicaid, Veteran Affairs (VA), or state Departments of Health.
- Experience working with U.S. partners.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving sales results.
- Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Ability to author original text including detailed account plans, strategies, and sales forecasts that help drive key decisions and ownership.
- Experience using Salesforce (reports and CRM)
- Master's degree or equivalent experience
- Self-starter and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to collaborate to solve complex business challenges.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.