VP Program Manager
Altamonte Springs, FL
Costa Mesa, CA
As the Vice President, Client Initiatives Leader for the Digital Cobrands and GPCC portfolios, this role is responsible for ensuring clear business strategies across the portfolios, coordination of cross-portfolio projects and culture development within the team. The role provides strategic and tactical support for the Digital Cobrands and GPCC business leader and portfolio GMs on cross-portfolio projects.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. To ensure the safety of our colleagues and communities, we require employees who come together in-person to be fully vaccinated. We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility.
- Provide overall leadership and coordination of cross-Cobrands and GPCC portfolio business initiatives.
- Coordinate across functions to anticipate breakdowns and roadblocks.
- Create and deliver tools and resources to the leadership team for the purposes of decision making, strategic discussions, evaluating key performance indicators and driving accountability.
- Lead, collaborate and coordinate IT Prioritization Process for the Cobrands and GPCC portfolios.
- Represent portfolio initiatives, requests and interests at SYF committee reviews SYF leadership engagements.
- Establish overall operating rhythm for overall Digital Cobrands and GPCC teams and lead GPTW and culture development initiatives for the team.
- Develop overall communication strategy for platform
- Act as the primary interface with the Regulatory and Compliance organization and lead resolution of cross-portfolio compliance and legal issues.
- Develop/maintain strong rapport with portfolio GMs as well as other key internal stakeholders.
- Support business-wide initiatives as needed
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of a degree 8+ years of equivalent work experience in the Financial Services field
- 6+ years experience working in card business including marketing, finance, risk, collections and operations
- Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates effectively.
- Superior Business and Financial Acumen
- Ability to influence senior corporate decision makers
- Strong project management skills
- Strong marketing, creative and analytical skills
- High level of social and environmental awareness
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
When you join us, you’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not only heard—but valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us and believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, we’re building a future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into action. Through the power of our 8 Diversity Networks+, with more than 60% of our workforce engaged, you’ll find community to connect with and opportunity to go beyond your passions.
This starts when you choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 – 200,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.