VP, Program Management
The Vice President of Program Management will lead the team of program managers responsible for facilitating BioCryst’s cross-functional product teams to effectively strategize, plan, and execute on BioCryst’s programs from development candidate selection through clinical development, regulatory submission & approvals, and commercial launch. This leader applies his/her extensive drug development and program management expertise and leadership to establish and maintain a high-performing program management team. This role ensures BioCryst executes on its important priorities in an aligned, integrated manner across all functions to support company goals and accelerate the development and commercialization of the product portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides oversight and leadership to the team of program managers that support BioCryst’s portfolio of therapies across all stages of development, including lifecycle management for commercialized products.
- Works partnership with cross-functional development program team leaders and individual program managers, provides strategic input on development plans, ensures on-going alignment to project team objectives and overall execution of program deliverables; Acts as sounding board to manage issue resolution and facilitate team’s evaluation and development of recommended strategic plans.
- With oversight of the overall portfolio and program timelines, ensures efficient and timely communication between/across functions and senior management on issues, interdependencies, including budget and resource constraints and assists with addressing program risks and challenges to advance programs.
- Assists with identifying, implementing, and communicating across projects the best practices related to the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of pre-clinical, clinical studies, and/or studies to support post-approval requirements.
- Evaluates, implements, and enhances project management best practices and governance operating model to strengthen program teams, tools, and communication channels
- Provides oversight to Program Management Operations in the development and refinement of standardized dashboards and reporting tools.
- Oversees development and maintenance of centralized and integrated system to manage timelines, budgets, and resources.
- Represents Program Management across various governance committees (technical, strategic, tactical) providing objective oversight of topics for discussion and escalation
- Supports Senior Leadership Team as needed in the preparation of the meeting agendas, sending out pre-meeting materials in advance, and tracking outcomes and deliverables
- Manages, coaches, and mentors direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with progressive responsibility in drug development or pharmaceutical research and development (R&D), including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a program management role in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or related environment. Experience in rare disease drug development preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the drug development process, including hands-on experience managing cross-functional development teams across all stages of development (pre-IND, clinical development, global regulatory filings, approvals, and post-marketing).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills including presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across different cultures.
- Skilled in managing employees and external partners in a team environment.
- Experience with developing and managing budgets.
- Proficient in project and program management.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and facilitation.
- Knowledge of change management.
- Excellent verbal, written and executive presentation skills.
The statements in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The manager may assign additional responsibilities and assignments from time to time.
BioCryst is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veterans status, disability and/or other protected class characteristics. Additionally, BioCryst is committed to achieving its business objectives in compliance with all federal, state and local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)