VP, Product Management
American ExpressNew York, NYa month ago
American Express is a global financial services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Working With Us
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
How we serve our customers is constantly evolving and is a challenge we gladly accept. Whether you’re finding new ways to prevent identity fraud or enabling customers to start a new business, as part of our Credit & Fraud Risk team within our overall Risk & Analytics talent segment, you’ll work with one of the most valuable data sets in the world to identify insights and actions that can have a meaningful impact on our customers and our business. And, with opportunities to learn from leaders who have defined the course of our industry, you’ll be able to grow your career and define your own path.
Find your place in risk and analytics on #TeamAmex.
The Credit and Fraud Risk Team is looking for a Vice President of Product Management to build, lead and develop a diverse team of high-performing risk professionals to design innovative business processes and servicing experiences that bring our risk strategies to life. The successful applicant will possess strong relationship management and communication skills to lead and manage the product lifecycle.
- Define the vision, strategy, value proposition and roadmap for new offerings and enhancements to existing offerings
- Drive product initiatives end to end that support our customers and mitigate risk most effectively
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to determine business objects and enable successful launch of products
- Use data to inform product development
- Monitor competitors, competitive products and trends to ensure we maintain a leading position in the market
- Lead, engage, and inspire a global team of high performing risk management professionals.
- Work with business partners to enhance value proposition, improve customer experience and strengthen regulatory and compliance alignment.
- Ten or more years of experience in product management at a Financial Services company
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills (PhD or Masters in an analytical field preferred)
- Strong people leader and team player with a demonstrated ability to develop team members and create highly effective and results-driven culture
- Strong relationship management and proven track record of positively collaborating and partnering with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to all levels of the organization
- The ability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.