VP, Product Engagement
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
At BBC Global Digital News & Streaming, (a team situated within BBC Studios, the commercial arm of the BBC) we aim to help people understand the world around them, make informed choices, and take an active part in society and democracy. As we expand our footprint to meet increasing demand for our style of quality and impartial journalism and unscripted content in North America, we are seeking motivated, passionate, high performing individuals across a variety of skillsets to join our global team. Our primary locations are New York, Washington DC, and London, though as a distributed workforce we are open to applicants in any location where the BBC has a commercial presence.
Join us and be an essential part of one of the world’s most recognized brands and trusted news organizations.
BBC News is the world’s most trusted source for impartial news. At BBC Studios, our Global News Team delivers and commercializes BBC’s news and fact-based content across digital platforms (Web, App, Streaming and off-platform) to audiences outside the UK.
The Vice President of Product Engagement plays a central role in both the strategy and execution BBC Studios Digital News and Streaming ambition. As a part of the Consumer Growth & Monetization team, this global role will oversee the optimization of the customer's journey products to drive core KPIs and product growth. This executive will partner closely with the Editorial, Marketing and Data and Engineering teams, along with business and global leadership to drive a holistic view of the customer journey and proactively optimize to achieve the company's ambitious goals. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to build and mentor a world-class team of product professionals.
Reporting to the SVP of Consumer Growth & Monetization this is a full-time hybrid working position.
- Lead the development of audience-centric engagement plans across owned channels using the full scope of data-driven capabilities
- Define and build the roadmap for success across each product touchpoint
- Partner with analytics to determine the set of North Star metric(s) and KPIs to assess the impact of user engagement and adoption
Scope & Impact
- Drive engagement through the promotion of new content and personalization
- Drive content engagement, new feature adoption functionalities or services to drive repeat usage and affinity for our brand
- Develop the product funnel metrics, analyze performance, and drop off, using insights to drive meaningful updates into the product experience
- Bring and test new, big ideas for how to grow engagement, including scale and automation
- Collaborate with partners across design, engineering, editorial, and data science to deliver outstanding products to our customers
- Build collaboration and partnership across the organization, globally
- Establish workflows, communications, and prioritization for a center of excellence supporting a global organization
The Ideal Candidate
As a global business, diversity, equity, and inclusion among team members is essential to our success. We therefore encourage highly skilled candidates from traditionally under-represented groups to submit their applications, even if they don’t check absolutely every box on our list of desired work experience.
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of product automation best practices for consumer-facing businesses
- Knowledgeable of all the latest industry developments and trends
- Strong Influencer of roadmaps and decisions through data-based recommendations
- Excellent communication skills including presenting to senior executives
- Autonomous and problem-solving oriented
- Detail focused whilst being able to maintain a view of the bigger picture
- Keen to challenge the status quo and take initiatives to drive positive changes
- Able to navigate in a matrixed organization
- Self-starter with a natural inclination for building new products
- 8+ years of experience in leading customer engagement or lifecycle marketing operations for a direct-to-consumer brand
- Prior experience in driving customer engagement and subscriptions
- A hybrid between being a strategic thinker and driver of operational excellence
- Takes proactive ownership of projects and has a bias for action
- People leader who acquires, develops, coaches & retains