Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a VP, Partnerships to help scale the company’s efforts to drive demand across Enterprise, Mid-Market and SMB customers. Reporting to the SVP, Customer Success and Partnerships you will manage our business plans for alliances and channel, develop close partner relationships, orchestrate cross-functional execution, and drive business success while managing the BD team.
This is a strategic, high-impact role, focused on building strategic relationships with HR Tech platforms, expanding our integrated offerings and value propositions, defining our BD strategy and driving revenue growth through joint go-to-market (e.g., co-marketing, co-sell and field teaming, referrals). You will collaborate closely cross-functionally across all departments to develop alignment and coordinate execution.
The role will require ~30% travel.
- Manage the Partnerships organization across Alliances and Channel teams
- Responsible for acquiring and managing partnerships
- Manage partnership business planning, including metrics/goals, offerings and solutions integrations, marketing, enablement, sales, etc. with a focus on key priorities for success
- Track and report on metrics/goals (e.g., ARR growth, customer adoption), identify improvement opportunities, and drive alignment
- Manage our key alliance relationships, partnership planning and joint bookings goal setting, and operational execution with HR Technology vendors (ATS, HRIS)
- Develop close relationships with key stakeholders in the partner organizations
- Define go-to-market strategies and priorities in conjunction with team members
- Identify and manage opportunities to grow joint business through integrated solution offerings and go-to-market initiatives (e.g., co-marketing, co-sell and field teaming, sales through cloud marketplaces)
- Define joint value propositions, sources of differentiation, messaging, positioning and in some cases packaging and pricing with ecosystem partners
- Define and implement a strategic rollout plan from signed contract through integration and ongoing education involving all stakeholders.
- Develop playbooks to scale programs across partners
- Work with the executive team to build and maintain relationships, managing and leveraging the relationship through each stage of its life-cycle.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication to team and company on various partnership initiatives.
What you bring:
- Entrepreneurial with bias for action
- Strategic perspective on how to create value
- GM mindset with a holistic view on the partnership
- Highly collaborative both externally developing strong relationships with partners and teaming up well internally (e.g., PM, Eng, Sales, Marketing)
- Proven success developing and delivering on strategic plans with leading tech companies (Top 10 Global ISV) as well as mid-sized SaaS vendors for significant business impact.
- Experience working at a startup (1,000 employees and under), building key partnerships during scaling.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including at the C-level
- HR Tech ecosystem experience a plus
- 15 years of relevant professional experience
- Track record of high performance in prior roles
- Solid understanding of partnerships and alliances and how they can create value for the business
- Effective manager with experience owning a business function
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base salary range for this role is $300,000 to $340,000. OTE for this role will also include a variable component plus equity.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.