As Vice President, Original Content/Scripted, you will be a key leader on the Content team. Your primary responsibility is to lead an original content pod within Tubi, overseeing all creative aspects of Tubi Original content assigned to that pod. Duties will include all phases of the creative process from development through release; maintaining important relationships with talent, creators, filmmakers, talent managers and production companies; working closely with internal teams on greenlight analysis; and supporting Tubi's values with content that speaks to our young, diverse audience.
- Key leadership responsibilities on the Content team
- Responsible for delivering a steady volume of original content via Tubi’s original content pipeline
- Manage the overall slate of projects from development through release
- Collaborate with internal teams on the greenlight analysis of projects
- Responsible for Creative elements including but not limited to script, cast, director, writer and producer
- Responsible for all aspects of pre-production, including budget, production methodology, locations, wardrobe, casting and approval of the director, cinematographer and other key roles
- Collaborate with Production team for non-creative elements including but not limited to guild requirements, tax or other incentives and third party vendors
- Oversee physical production with a focus on quality control and financial overages, working closely with the Production team
- Oversee post-production through to full asset delivery
- Implement Content Intelligence into decision making, including content performance data from the Content Planning & Analysis team
- Seek out creative comments and senior management approvals as required
- Responsible for the development of concepts from your group of production companies within your pod, including the selection of writers, treatments and screenplays for Tubi
- Ensure that all costs, including but not limited to the production budget, incurred by Tubi do not exceed what was agreed upon between Tubi and the production company, including revisions as approved by Tubi.
- As requested, vet the capabilities of new producers and production companies to determine their ability to deliver content that fits Tubi’s creative and financial requirements
- Work closely with the Development team on submissions, and regularly take pitches from the creative community
- Ensure Tubi meets all deadlines agreed upon between Tubi and the production company, including revisions as approved by Tubi. These deadlines include but are not limited to:
- Script notes
- Prep (Tubi’s selections for cast, director, writer, producer, etc.)
- Principal photography
- All elements of post-production (Tubi’s notes on both Producer’s Cut and Final Cut, VFX, music, QC, etc.)
- Delivery of marketing/promotional materials or elements needed for Tubi to create marketing/promotional materials (EPKs, talent advertising restrictions, artwork, trailer, clips, etc.)
- Ensure that the production company is complying with all obligations, including access to dailies, timely delivery of materials, health and safety ordinances and union/guild obligations as required
- Ensure that production companies are delivering all legal material (insurance, chain of title, credits, etc.) in a timely manner
- Supervise a team
- Manage direct reports as required, which may include creative executives and coordinators
- Focus the team’s efforts to maximize work product while also managing career development for the team
- Lead the team to make data driven decisions
- Partner across Content team leads to enhance the content strategy
- Communicate with internal teams
- Work closely with Finance teams on content spend
- Oversee flow of information between your team and internal teams, socializing content initiatives, opportunities and key dates
- Collaborate with all Tubi Originals pods to share data, information, talent relationships and opportunities
- As required, represent Tubi at conferences and press opportunities as a key leader on the Content team
- As required, assess content opportunities for senior management
- Grow relationships with producers and production companies
- Oversee key partnerships assigned to this pod to maximize opportunities, including day-to-day contact with high value partners
- Identify, explore, and strategize content acquisition opportunities
- Dig deep into the data to understand content performance and KPIs
- Proactively monitor content performance and monetization to make sure our partners succeed
- At least 8+ years of prior as a senior creative executive and/or development and production experience at a leading entertainment or technology company
- Demonstrated ability to oversee all phases of production
- A deep understanding of how to develop and produce content that creatively resonates with viewers based on data and insights
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Encyclopedic knowledge and love of movies and television shows - this is fun!
- Strong financial management skills including the ability to analyze production budgets, maintain disciplined spend and analyze the cost/benefit of overages/breakage.
- Established high level relationships throughout the entertainment industry, specifically with production entities at studios and TV networks as well as independent producers
- Willingness to travel as needed to production shoots that could be anywhere globally
- BA or BS degree required; MFA preferred
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Tubi is a division of Fox Corporation, and the FOX Employee Benefits summarized here, covers the majority of all US employee benefits.
The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time.
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid "Tubi Holidays" in addition to the 10 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays.
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters.
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy, or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi.
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement.
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.