VP of Talent Acquisition
Cresco Labs is seeking a skilled Vice President of Talent Acquisition to join our HR team out of our Chicago, IL headquarters. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Talent Acquisition, the Vice President of Talent Acquisition will manage the recruiting efforts of our field operations division, assist in training, developing, and mentoring a team of recruiters, in addition to being an individual contributor and managing systems, processes, reporting/analysis, and requisitions/workload across field operations. In partnership with the TA leadership team, the Vice President of Talent Acquisition will also help design and implement both short-term and long-term hiring strategies that reflect Cresco’s commitment to building a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Additionally, you will help lead efforts for establishing best practices and building a collaborative and trusted relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage workloads across the operations recruitment team, including assignments, reporting, and analysis of open roles across our operations locations, nationwide
- Contribute to the development and creation of new positions and job descriptions, including content/formatting and ensuring alignment across the organization regarding banding, titling, reporting structure, etc.
- Assist with the management of external vendors and systems such as greenhouse ATS, external job boards, agency partnerships, etc.
- Assist with implementation of new sourcing methods, with a focus on diversity and inclusion efforts and development of deeper community relationships such as career fairs, university partnerships, etc.
- Maintain an individual requisition load, with a focus on Senior level positions (Director, VP, etc.) across operations positions nationwide.
- Assist with overall team assessment and developing/implementing performance measuring KPIs such as time-to-fill, source of hires, etc.
- Assist in implementation and management of internal processes/SOPs, programs, and short-term/long-term team strategies and initiatives
- Partner closely with regional HR leaders and facility directors, to ensure alignment across staffing levels, compensation/benefits, and offer/onboarding processes
- Manage field relationship with temporary staffing agencies, partnering with each facility to manage temp staffing levels at each site needs
- Schedule and support regular on-site recruiting events in partnership with the local operation teams
- Act as the subject matter expert to help coach and mentor hiring teams nationwide, including market assessments, compensation negotiations, talent assessment, process improvements, and overall best hiring practices.
- Partner with compliance, legal, and HR to stay up-to-date with all local, state, and federal regulations around staffing, specifically within the cannabis industry.
- Duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned by HR/TA leadership.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, or experience equivalent
- 10+ years experience within recruiting/talent acquisition function, with a minimum of 3 years within a corporate setting, including both high volume field/operations positions and niche corporate positions. HR Generalist or HR Business Partner experience highly preferred
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing and developing a team of recruiters
- Previous experience overseeing TA or HR functions at a multi-state operations/manufacturing facility
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding hiring goals and other departmental KPI’s
- Experience implementing and maintaining ATS systems and other HR databases, with a strong emphasis on reporting functions
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize effectively
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws nationwide
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker and strong decision-making skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel as necessary
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.