VP of Revenue
⭐Frontdesk is at the cutting edge of hospitality with a new generation of travelers in mind. We are on a mission to unlock a dynamic lifestyle anytime, anywhere.
🏘️Operating in over 30 U.S. markets with more than 1,000 units across 150+ buildings, we provide a home away from home to travelers, a sustainable renting model to building owners and managers, and a positive and committed relationship with the communities we serve.
🚀Founded in 2017, Frontdesk is a hospitality company providing flexible stays for the modern traveler. With an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, Frontdesk maximizes guest flexibility with zero compromises on reliability.
📍Milwaukee, Wisconsin is our home base, but we take a remote-first approach where all teammates are given equal opportunity to advance their careers, no matter where they are based. Our culture is defined by service, optimism, humility, and vision. Together, we have built a company where passion is key, and our core values are at the heart of everything we do.
🚽 Clean the toilets. We don’t put ourselves above any task. We all contribute wherever needed.
💛 Do the right thing. We operate with integrity, never cutting moral corners. We are committed to quality outcomes, even if it takes extra energy or time.
🤝 Be a good neighbor. It’s more than a partnership, it’s a deep respect for the communities that we serve.
🌟 Wow our guests. We strive to exceed the expectations of every single guest every time. Every guest and every stay matters to us.
💪 Own it. We have a culture of bravery and personal responsibility. When mistakes happen, we fail fast and learn steadily.
🪴 Growth Mindset. We reach for our own growth and encourage each other to grow. We will challenge and support one another along the way.
What is the role?
Our team is welcoming visionaries, real estate enthusiasts, and prospective team members who have the same passion to serve our guests and partners exceptionally. We’re looking for a seasoned hospitality revenue and sales leader to head our newly-formed revenue team. Someone who can balance the left brain and right brain, and who can integrate the cross-functional roles required to achieve RevPAR success.
The VP of Revenue at Frontdesk will report directly to the CEO and will oversee the revenue management, revenue analytics, OTA distribution, corporate sales, and B2C brand/marketing functions. The VP of Revenue will work closely with the heads of finance, reservations, guest experience, real estate, and engineering.
We look for leaders who take ownership of their team's success. The Revenue team is measured by RevPAR. The expectation is for the VP of Revenue to set the Revenue team for success in hitting adjusted-RevPAR goals and will be held accountable for such success. We expect YoY gains and continued progress toward market outperformance. The VP of Revenue will ultimately drive the Revenue and Marketing strategy for the company but may need to wear multiple hats to achieve RevPAR success.
Some activities that could lead to revenue team success may include:
- Set and drive revenue and marketing strategy at the company.
- Driving team contributors toward tasks and project completion.
- Advocate for RevPAR on the executive leadership team and board of directors.
- Collaborate with and support cross-departmental leaders in achieving company-wide goals.
- Report both lead and lag KPIs and other indicators of team success.
- Support the real estate supply growth efforts by continuously improving underwriting confidence and joining client sales calls.
- Create new inter-departmental SOPs and low-code automations to streamline workflows and increase consistency.
- Develop a corporate BT sales strategy and team.
- Lead and participate in team meetings and 1-on-1 meetings with direct reports.
- Create custom revenue reports.
- Serve as the face of revenue at Frontdesk via industry panels, podcasts, blogs, etc.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in hospitality revenue management.
- 5+ years of experience managing Online Travel Agency pricing, markups, listing, and promotions, including Airbnb, Vrbo, Expedia, and Booking.com.
- 5+ years of experience coaching leaders and developing people.
- Demonstrated success driving direct bookings via both digital marketing and direct corporate BT sales efforts.
- Proficiency with Excel is a requirement, and proficiency with SQL is a plus.
- Demonstrated success driving PR and brand marketing campaigns.
- Must be autonomous, self-starter with creative-problem solving abilities and an attitude that prioritizes team over individual success, including demonstrated resourcefulness and wearing many different hats.
- Be willing to travel ~5% of the time or however much is needed to accomplish the KPIs established
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + stock options.
- Work-from-anywhere, we are a 100% remote company with an office in Milwaukee that some employees choose to work from.
- Unlimited PTO, flexible work schedules, and no shame in hearing from your children or pets on our Zoom calls.
- Travel Credits - Frontdesk employees get a $500/yr allowance of 50% discounted stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 20% discount on any nights for friends and family!
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending, and Employee Assistance Program.
- Work with incredible human beings who all genuinely care about one another.
📝If your experience doesn’t fully align with the qualifications and what we’re looking for, we still encourage you to apply. You may just be the perfect fit for this role or other positions.
Frontdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone belongs, and all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are committed to maintaining a work environment that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment. Frontdesk will not discriminate against any protected status under federal, state, or local law.