VP of Product Marketing and GTM
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
Degreed is looking for a Vice President (VP) of Product Marketing and GTM to lead a talented team, reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. We’re paving a new path forward with a compelling product strategy, to define the next generation of learning technologies and continue to strive towards Degreed’s high-impact vision. The VP of Product Marketing and GTM will play a vital role in helping us reach this future, bringing a high level of product marketing expertise and integrated go-to-market planning that will set up the sales and marketing motions for success.
As a VP of PM and GTM, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing our overall product and services marketing strategy. In addition, you will lead the team of marketers responsible for the messaging, packaging, pricing, and delivery of our products to market. You will also be responsible for implementing new product strategy working closely with our product team and gathering external insights via our client-facing teams.
You have a strong ability to simplify the complex, develop narratives and tell stories that showcase the product within context, listen and collaborate with a highly experienced cross-functional team, be willing to both do real work and manage the work, and lead a high-performing team.
You’ll be a key leader in the marketing team and across Degreed as a whole, working closely with product, sales, corporate strategy and other marketing centers of excellence to prepare, launch and propel the Degreed portfolio to market success.
Day in the Life
- Understand the market deeply and with empathy through research, analysis and relationships with the Degreed customer base
- Partner with product management to develop product strategies and roadmaps, and plan and manage the product launch process. Work with sales teams in each region to understand where there are go-to-market bottlenecks and work together to address.
- Rally internal teams to work together on product launches and inspire colleagues with their technical expertise and explanation of product benefits.
- Distill the essence of the product’s value into a message that resonates with a buyer’s problem and makes a strong argument for how their product solves it. Then, enable this storyline and structure to go-to-market teams.
- Build compelling and differentiated messaging to support marketing tactics and ensure messaging is appropriately reflected in marketing execution materials to enable sales conversations that connect and carry prospects and customers through the purchase journey
- Develop GTM strategy and use strong planning skills to ensure product launches, sales enablement, and marketing activities are carefully executed — before, during, and after the go-live date -- and shows a real measurable, quantifiable impact.
- Engage with peers including leaders in Growth Marketing, Customer Marketing, PR, and Creative & Content Marketing to bring the GTM strategy and integrated marketing campaign plans to life with specific activity plans to support business objectives
- Represent Degreed at industry events, and with media and industry analysts, partners, customers, and other key audiences to position Degreed and invite dialog
- Lead and develop the team, ensuring progress on a path to excellence and growth; encourage the use of data and cross-functional input to make decisions; emphasize diversity and inclusion to drive the best thinking, outputs and results.
Who You Are
- 13+ years in product marketing, primarily for B2B SaaS companies
- 6+ years experience supporting an integrated GTM motions that includes sales, channel and services partners, strategic alliances and technology ecosystems.
- 6+ years of team leadership, including management of globally dispersed team members
- You use pricing and packaging to make it easy for buyers to understand how each offering delivers increasing value to original investments.
- While you will learn and know our products inside and out, when it comes to connecting with prospects, you think Value over Features and Use Cases over Products
- You think through the customer lens and are adept at translating technical features and capabilities into clear and concise value-based messaging
- You have experience marketing a multi-product portfolio that delivers a strong, differentiated value proposition together.
- You’re a compelling storyteller who engages audiences, gets them invested in listening and inspires them to action
- You’re a leader people believe in and choose to follow
- Excellent communication skills in English and experience developing sales enablement and mid- to lower-funnel content to progress the pipeline and facilitate the close (samples will be required and assessed for clarity, flow and accuracy)
What Sets You Apart
- B2B enterprise and mid-market experience working for a tech market leader or innovator serving customers that span global and national brands
- HR / EdTech industry experience
- Growth stage/Pre-IPO company experience with proven data-driven growth impact
- Remote, global team management experience
- Examples of success activating individuals for career growth and business impact
Total Rewards at Degreed
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Forma
Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.