VP of Product Design
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and accomplished design professional to lead our talented Product Design group that sits within the larger Product organization at Forbes. The VP of Product Design will be responsible for setting the vision and organizational structure of the Design and User Experience team and will be a leading advocate for strong design principles and superior Brand integrity throughout the organization. They will be a key advisor to the leadership team and must have a strong presence and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders alike.
The successful candidate will have a strong creative point-of-view, a passion for developing best-in-class habit-forming products, a love for fostering and nurturing talent, a collaborative work style, and the ability to juggle the challenges of working in a fast-paced, ever-changing industry.
The position will report to the Chief Product Officer.
- Lead and inspire the creative team to think big and continually raise the creative bar.
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the editorial, growth, and sales teams to create bold ideas that can become scalable executions.
- Help to maintain the highest design standards and create a cohesive, consistent brand identity across Forbes.com, and all of its ancillary touch points.
- Help to foster a culture of creative thinking and innovation across the organization.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative partnership with Product and Engineering while aligning resources, priorities, and processes for successful delivery.
- Help your team members frame and prioritize their work against key organizational initiatives.
- Maintain a high-level view across the business. Understand the complexities, dependencies, and opportunities beyond the Product team.
- Inspire, guide, motivate, and mentor team members to ensure peak performance and professional growth.
- Actively recruit for future roles to support our growth.
- Represent Forbes at industry events, panels, and groups, reinforcing our creative philosophy, strategy, and objectives.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and market developments and identify potential opportunities for product growth.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in a digital-focused creative role (preferably with 3+ digital publishing environments).
- 3+ years of team leadership experience.
- A robust portfolio demonstrating bold, elegant design thinking that can extend into any medium.
- A passion for creativity, from conceptual thinking to final output.
- Ability to balance and adjust creative approaches based on
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong understanding of digital, video and social platforms.
- Expert at designing and prototyping with a variety of tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, XD, InVision
- Working knowledge of common desktop/mobile analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Looker, Omniture, Mixpanel, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively with highly technical teams and luddites alike.
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent projects and meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Able to navigate escalations and difficult situations independently.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who is design-obsessed and detail-oriented.
- Great team player with respect for others, yet able to work independently.
- Passion for new technologies and new media.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
The annual base salary range for this role is $190,000 - $230,000
Forbes has estimated the compensation range set forth above in good faith. The compensation range is what we believe we will offer, and ultimately pay, a successful candidate. In determining this range, we consider the experience, level of education (if applicable to the role), knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be had by a successful candidate as well as the budget and the company’s pay rates, generally. This said, we may have to make changes to our compensation estimates and job descriptions from time to time and we expressly reserve the right to do so. Should we make any such changes, this advertisement will be revised to reflect such revisions. We encourage you to occasionally re-visit this advertisement to ensure that you are abreast of any changes. Thank you for your interest in joining Forbes!
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.