VP of People Business Partners
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Join us for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to establish the People Business Partner function at Duolingo, and serve as our first People Business Partner!
- Build the function: Develop a deep understanding of Duolingo's culture and needs, and shape the People Business Partner value, team, structures, and processes to enable teams to scale with excellence
- Serve as the gold standard for People Business Partnership: Provide partnership and coaching to employees and senior leadership to impact the engagement, development, and retention of talent
- Develop scalable programs and initiatives: Identify organizational needs through data-driven insights and launch inclusive initiatives that enable teams to reach their full potential.
- Be a cross-functional leader: Deepen the impact of the People team across the organization, and advocate for the needs of the business within the People team
- Deliver our People team strategy: Collaborate with the People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Culture and Career Growth to build and support programs across the organization.
- Intellectual curiosity about people and organizational issues
- Ability to approach sophisticated business and people problems in a structured way and drive rapidly towards insight
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent listening skills, and ability to influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization
- A “doer” mentality with the ability to translate vision into action
- 6+ years in a People Business Partner (HRBP) role, and a track record of senior leadership within and beyond a People function
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships as a trusted advisor to senior executives
- Previous experience working in fast-paced environments and helping organizations scale
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Impressive Duolingo XP or streak!
- Experience in a growth stage and/or consumer tech environment
- Prior experience establishing a People Business Partner (HRBP) function in a high-growth environment