VP of Marketplace Operations
What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows homeowners to share their passion spaces with their local communities. We started with swimming pools which took us to $20M+ in 2 years, but pools are just the beginning. We’re creating a new category within local experiences. Think AirBnB for swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, basketball courts, music studios, art studios, kitchens and more.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family. We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community. We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button. From their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredibly rapid growth, largely driven by word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months over 4,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 250,000 hours have been booked, and almost a million Swimply guests have enjoyed a neighbor’s pool.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed leader who is excited to help scale our business and build on our product-market fit. As the VP of Operations, you will launch, scale and manage the Swimply business expansion globally as the leader of Swimply’s General Manager organization. GM’s own the P&L for their market, which means responsibility for both top-line regional growth through business development, partner management, local marketing and user acquisition. You will be a results oriented leader, demonstrating a track record of satisfying customer needs. You will drive growth by developing long-term strategies that drive tangible business results. The ideal candidate possesses the gravitas, willingness, and ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. Successful candidates will have experience in leading cross-functional teams to deliver online and in-person experiences as well as scaling the growth and profitability of a rapidly growing business. The position will report to the CEO of Swimply.
- Oversee all cities that Swimply is live in and spearhead a holistic strategy to always delight the customer and continuously enable Swimply to be Swimply
- Be accountable for delivering on the numbers for the business: lead, manage and develop each market, in line with the company’s business strategy, and ensure that revenue, profit and growth expectations are met
- Oversee market expansion and the launch strategy across each city.
- Grow the business – adding new customers through new channels and offerings while optimizing current business and nurturing current customer base
- Own a P&L that encompasses US and extended markets
- Bring out the best of the team’s creativity and collaborative spirit while ensuring optimum execution, commercial outcomes and performance focus
- Steer the growth marketing efforts to implement and own full funnel customer acquisition, activation and retention strategies for new and existing markets and upsell opportunities utilizing:
- Performance-driven creative campaigns (influencer marketing, creative, brand & direct marketing, as well as community building)
- Channel strategy through multiple forms of digital media with core focus on PPC, SEO, paid social media, and emerging Digital Marketing opportunities like podcasts, etc.
- 10+ years including management experience in operations, consulting, strategy, business development, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Analytical and data-driven decision-making mentality
- Proven track record of leading, managing and executing with high performance teams
- Excellent team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to make our expansion successful
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to hit growth targets
- You’ll be getting in early to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth
- You’ll play a critical role in building Swimply from the ground up, including influencing our culture, core values, who we end up hiring, and how we build and roll out world-class practices and processes
- You’ll experience unlimited growth opportunities as the company grows, scales and matures
- You’ll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard and is in service to our community of users
- You’ll be working with founders and an executive team that have start-up experience and have helped their companies achieve massive scale
- Compensation consists of a strong equity package commensurate with experience and seniority of the role along with base salary.