VP of Growth
We are looking for a consumer-focused leader who is excited to create the growth strategy from the ground up. As part of the senior team, the Head of Growth will work closely with the founders and cross-functionally with the product, engineering, operations, and design teams. Successful candidates will have experience bringing an analytical approach to digital marketing, conversion rate optimization, and churn reduction for consumer-facing marketplaces.
As the VP of Growth, you will:
- Create, implement and own full funnel customer acquisition, activation and retention strategies for new and existing markets and upsell opportunities utilizing:
- Performance-driven creative campaigns (influencer marketing, creative, brand & direct marketing, as well as community building).
- Channel strategy through multiple forms of digital media with core focus on PPC, SEO, paid social media, and emerging Digital Marketing opportunities like podcasts, etc.
- Lead, develop, and create a culture of testing and experimentation to innovate on how we drive business growth from acquisition and user engagement through retention and monetization.
- Build and manage a team of cross channel marketing and business development professionals and provide them with the tools and guidance needed to grow the business.
- Develop & manage the growth marketing budget, ensuring opportunities deliver successful ROI metrics.
- Understand acquisition cost trade-offs needed and come up with creative ideas and workarounds for growth.
- Build and deliver growth forecasts to refine scenarios based on company revenue & CAC projections.
- Collaborate with core product and engineering on technology investments that accelerate growth.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 7+ years of growth strategy development and execution with at least 3+ years at a consumer marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a quantitative field like Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.
- Strong digital marketing experience, ideally at a peer-to-peer marketplace business. Bonus points if you’ve worked on both demand and supply side marketplace growth.
- Experience running multi-channel experiments at early-stage companies.
- Understand the value of mobile app engagement and how to drive app downloads, engagement and transactions.
- Hands on leader who has hired a world-class team and cares about mentorship and development.
- Love data. Focus intensely on quantitative analysis and analytics: Dashboards, Reporting, Insights, Metrics, KPIs.
- Excellent at data-driven storytelling and communicating strategy; you know how to analyze data and translate insights into actionable strategies and outcomes.
It's an excellent time to join because
- You’ll work as a thought partner directly with the CEO and executive leadership team.
- You’ll be getting in early to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth.
- You’ll play a critical role in building Swimply from the ground up, including influencing our culture, core values, who we end up hiring, and how we build and roll out world-class practices and processes.
- You’ll experience unlimited growth opportunities as the company grows, scales and matures.
- You’ll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard (generally in and around swimming pools 😎) and is in service to our community of users.
- You’ll be working with founders and an executive team that have startup experience and have helped their companies achieve massive scale.
- Compensation consists of a strong equity package commensurate with experience and seniority of the role along with base salary.