VP Of Finance
The VP of Finance is a senior-level executive who is responsible for overseeing the financial operations and strategies of the organization. They play a critical role in driving the financial success of the company by developing and executing financial plans that align with the organization's overall goals and objectives. The VP of Finance is also responsible for managing a team of financial professionals, including accountants, financial analysts, and other staff. They must be able to provide leadership, guidance, and support to their team, and ensure that they are equipped with the tools and resources they need to effectively carry out their responsibilities. The VP of Finance reports directly to the SVP of Operations and is a key member of the executive team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee financial operations, including budgeting, accounting, tax, and financial reporting.
- Develop and implement financial strategies and plans that align with the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Collaborate with other departments and senior executives to develop and execute business plans and strategies.
- Provide financial guidance and support to the board of directors and other stakeholders.
- Monitor market trends and analyze competitor activity to identify new opportunities and threats.
- Conduct financial analysis and develop reports that provide insight into the financial health and performance of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Identify and manage risks related to the organization's financial performance and operations.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field, ideally MBA.
- 10+ years of experience in financial management, preferably in a $100M+ company.
- Strong leadership, communication, and analytical skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing financial strategies and plans.
- Knowledge of financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Ability to identify and manage risks related to financial performance and operations.
- Experience in the Cannabis industry and 280E is desirable.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
The company is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.