MoneyLion is a digital financial platform on a mission to rewire a broken banking system that applies a one-size-fits-all approach to personal finance. Since our launch in 2013, we’ve engaged with over 8.5 million hard-working Americans, with a focus on empowering them to take control of their finances to achieve their life goals. Our award-winning platform delivers holistic banking, lending, and investing solutions while surrounding each customer with personalized tools, content, and advice relevant to their unique financial situation -- all in a single app.
We pride ourselves on being the most innovative team in Fintech, and all of our team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and, above all else, we do it for our customers.
MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Sioux Falls, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and we also support remote team members around the globe.
This role is a hybrid role and requires visiting our New York City office 3 times per week. Candidates need to be within commutable distance of our New York City office.
We are on a mission to help every American make their best financial decisions, by providing them with guidance and choice. We will achieve this mission when every American thinks of MoneyLion as THE destination for every money-related question, because they know we have the answers that match their specific needs.
That guidance comes in different forms, from written/blog and videos, to widgets/calculators and comparison tools, and by using our proprietary technology, it is surfaced to the right customer at the right time.
We are looking for an innovative marketer leader who is passionate about financial inclusion, understands the financial services industry, is highly strategic, hands on and collaboratively. Someone who is not afraid of failing, because he knows that if he shoots for the stars, the worst that can happen is he/she will land on the moon.
This role is responsible for SEO ranking, engagement with the content inside the app, conversion into products among those who engaged with the content and monetization of the content - delivered to both our current users as well as prospects..
This role is additionally responsible for how our content can drive the entire decision process - from awareness and inspiration, to education, to comparison and conversion.
- Develops the company POV from an editorial perspective. What do we want to be known for? What is the tone of our content?
- Defines the right mix of owned and syndicated content, managing the budget to achieve the goals
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and innovations and adapts the editorial strategy accordingly.
- Looks for new ways to engage the audience, whether it's through new content formats, social media, or community events.
- Connects the right content to the right product, to drive conversion
- Plans and manages the editorial calendar
- Ensures the content is being distributed across channels
- Briefs the content creation team
- Reviews and gives final approval for all content that gets published
- Oversees the editorial workflow, ensuring that deadlines are met and that projects are progressing as planned
- Manages content-creation budget
Metrics and analytics
- Monitors metrics to gauge the performance of various types of content.
- Takes audience feedback into account to improve the publication's content and strategy.
- Build case studies to sell the service to our clients
- Minimum of 10 + years of content or product marketing experience in a Financial Services company
- Experience in early stage companies
- Can go from high level / strategy work to hands on execution
- Additional Qualifications :
- Intellectually curious.
- Self starter. Entrepreneurial. Driven.
- With a bias for action
- Highly analytically and data-driven
- Test and learn mentality
- Strong work ethic
- Cross-functional influence
The annual base salary for the VP of Content Marketing is expected to be between $220,000 to $270,000. Base salary is one component of MoneyLion's total compensation package, which includes, 401(k) match, multiple health insurance options, disability coverage, life insurance, and unlimited paid time off for salaried positions. Actual salaries will vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and competencies related to the role.
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.