VP of Business Intelligence
At Penske Media Corporation (PMC), content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it. We are passionate about connecting our audience—the world’s top business leaders, creatives, and influencers—to the very best in print, digital and video content. Our dedication to the audience experience results in loyalty and trust in PMC and its iconic brands including Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone, Variety, WWD, and many more.
With growth both organically and through acquisitions, PMC has grown significantly over the last several years and we are creating a Business Intelligence group to support our Brands and Corporate Teams. The business intelligence team will dive deeper and wider into current analytics and create efficiencies in delivering metrics and data to revenue and editorial teams across the company. They will work with various groups across the company: Revenue & Yield, Research, Audience Marketing, Audience Development, SEO, Editorial, Finance, and Data & Technology.
This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with people at various levels of the organization about complex business and content challenges. You should be a quick learner and hungry to make sure you have a deep understanding of the meaning behind all measures, dimensions, and KPIs of the business. This role will help lead a team of talented people who are thoughtful, inclusive, respect each other, and who tackle hard problems. We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter who is passionate about making complex data easy to understand. This position will report to the SVP of Finance.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Monitor and report on various business trends from platforms including Google Analytics, Looker, ComScore, Nielsen, and other 3rd party reporting tools as provided by vendors and partners (training will be provided).
- Become a key data subject matter expert across all aspects of the business within PMC.
- Special research and analysis projects as requested by business stakeholders.
- Develop reports that provide both detailed data and high-level takeaways.
- Filter and “clean” data to ensure accurate analysis.
- Drive adoption of reports and dashboards to executives, managers, and other team members.
- Lead and mentor other analysts
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
Job Requirements and Experience:
You don’t need to check every box for the experience below. If you are passionate about this opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
- A desire to dig deeper to solve problems.
- A self-driven, goals-oriented individual who loves using data to help answer complicated questions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Math, Statistics, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Familiarity with BI tools like Tableau/Looker/Data Studio.
- Experience in digital media or content publishing
- Experience in predictive modeling, regression, correlations, cluster analytics, driver analysis, data modeling, data mining and other statistical procedures.
- Excellent communication with non-technical staff members to optimize their data workflows and uncover hidden optimizations.
- Experience with anomaly and pattern detection.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable presenting analysis.
- Proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
- Industry or related experience of 10 years
Typical wage range: $175k - $200k + semi-annual bonus. Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, in less than 2 years, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision), HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.