VP, IT Commercial & Digital
For over 75 years, BIC has been creating ingeniously simple and joyful products that are a part of every heart and home.
As a member of our team, you'll be a part of reigniting a beloved brand as we continue to reimagine everyday essentials in new, sustainable and responsible ways.
Our "roll up your sleeves and get the job done" approach to work creates an environment where self-starters, problem solvers and innovative thinkers thrive. BIC team members are empowered to take ownership of their careers and bring their unique perspectives to the table to make a meaningful impact on our mission.
It's a colorful world - make your mark by joining the BIC team today.
The purpose of the VP, IT Commercial & Digital, is to lead the development and delivery of an integrated Information Technology strategy in support of the Global Commercial Operations (GCO) of BIC Corporation. This encompasses direct oversight for Commercial Operations: Sales Force Automation & Customer Relationship Management; Pricing Model Support; Customer Offers & Tracking & Revenue Growth Model Support; and for Digital Commercial Operations oversee ‘Go To Market’ Omnichannel approach (incl enabling B2B, B2C, DTC etc.); Consumer Data Acquisition & Offer Management; PIM / DAM & Brand; Website Consolidation & Management.
- This role oversees the Liaison between global Business leaders and Group IT, technology requirements, developing system enhancement portfolios, coordinating their implementation; and proactively reporting out and seeking input on Group IT opportunities for each of the regions across the world.
- The role sits on the leadership team for the Group Commercial, advising on cost efficient / effective solutions for emerging business needs, while setting and delivering the consolidated roadmap and IT portfolio needs for deployed solutions.
- This job takes full responsibility on behalf of the IT organization for Commercial Operations Technology Governance, Management and Security. It is accountable for Strategic Roadmap Development, Functionality Management, Program Delivery, People Management, Project Management, Communications & Change Management and Reporting.
- In support of the annual IT Planning Cycle the role coordinates and is responsible for: Portfolio Delivery items & ranking, Infrastructure refresh needs, IT Financial Tracking & Allocations. Along with professional leadership of the GCO IT Team and platforms that enable Global Commercial & Business Operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Global Commercial Operations Delivery (Application Solutions, Demand Management and Portfolio Management)
- Acts as a single point of contact for Group Commercial Operations Leaders & Stakeholders to the Group IT Organization
- Coordinates the development of strategic approaches & functional design of IT solutions for GCO
- Manages business requirements and helps prioritizing investments based on business benefits, IT and business constraints as well as Group IT Strategy and its imperatives
- Oversees all IT Delivery activities for Group Commercial Operations globally – from idea through to successful deployment - including approval steps and progress reporting for delivery projects and other functional, technical and governance topics
- Ensures Global and Local GCO application roll outs, while keeping delivery & maintenance in alignment with global roadmaps, business requirements and expectations
- Contributes to the management and optimization of Group Commercial Operations application portfolio running and maintenance cost
- Foresees new business functionality based on business strategy and on opportunities from market trends and emerging technologies
- IT Governance (Operational Effectiveness, Service Level Management, Sourcing, Business Continuity, IT Budget)
- Takes responsibility in front of the Business stakeholders for level of service delivered by Group IT
- Provides regular and effective communication to each regions' Business Stakeholders on Group IT services
- Ensures agreement of business on service level reporting and related budget topics
- Coordinates and optimizes IT sourcing & service models within Americas according to Group IT sourcing strategy
- Manages a team of skilled IT Professionals while coaching them for career growth and development
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree administration
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Managerial IT roles within Multinational, ideally FMCG companies
- Availability to travel globally 25-30% of the time
- Digital business and IT acumen
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Operational execution excellence
- Strong Negotiation and Problem-Solving skills
- Team and collaboration orientation mindset with experience of people management
- Performance driven
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
- International mindset
- Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence with a result-oriented approach
- A fast learner who rapidly moves up the learning curve and wants to continue to take over new responsibilities
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means