VP, Investor Relations
As our VP, Investor Relations, you will be accountable for establishing our investor relations function to ensure that Twilio is strategically positioned with external audiences, including institutional investors and research analysts. In particular, you will be expected to build relationships with key investor targets and help increase the company’s investor base.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience developing and executing comprehensive and proactive investor relations strategies for fast-growing, SaaS technology companies, possess relationships with key investment banks, equity research analysts, and investors in the SaaS space, and experience with communicating with shareholders, the general financial community, and other stakeholders to develop and maintain positive relationships.
In this role, you’ll:
- Handle first line communications between the company and the investment community including buyside investors and sell side analysts, both domestic and international
- Develop and implement campaigns to proactively target new prospective institutional investors
- Educate the investor community about the Company’s strategy and financial model
- Drive the quarterly earnings process, including development of the narrative, earnings release, prepared remarks, investor materials, and Q&A. Coordinate efforts across Legal, Comms and our Executive team
- Coordinate with our Legal team on development of the annual shareholder letter and engage with investors regarding our proxy
- Prepare other internal and external market materials including investor presentations, reports of market trends, trading analysis, and stock ownership
- Partner with business and finance leaders to understand and translate trends that are important to investors. Track company peers and market developments, including coverage of comparable company analysis, benchmarking, competitive analysis and peer-company earnings reviews
- Manage our investor conference and roadshow calendars, attending events throughout the year, and also coordinating with our executive team on event participation. Prepare executives for communications with investors including collecting and presenting support data and drafting scripts and presentations as well as coaching for best results
- Advise senior management on current investor sentiment, as well as expected investment community reaction to various strategic decisions
- Provide regular updates to our Executive Team and and the board of directors regarding our investor relations strategy, activities and results
- Works closely with Corporate Communications team and Legal on full range of external and internal communications
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 15+ years of progressive experience in accounting and finance, or other capital markets experience such as sell-side, buy-side, or investor relations-related consulting.
- Strong investor relations experience as a number one or two at a public technology company preferred.
- Demonstrated history of relationship building, which will be crucial to both inside the company and with the investment community.
- Strong financial acumen, understanding of financial statements, and analytical skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated success in developing and articulating recommendations/opinions.
- Proven project management skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated history of delivering results.
This role will be remote, we are open to locations in which Twilio has a presence.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- $285,000 - $330,000.
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.