VP, Growth Marketing
We are seeking a driven VP of Growth Marketing. In this role you will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be responsible for setting the growth strategy and overseeing the execution of demand generation tactics to continue on our high-growth trajectory. You will lead teams across Growth Strategy, Campaigns, Demand Gen, and Mexico Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of growth marketers and build out a high-velocity growth marketing function by being hands-on with execution while mentoring, and coaching the team to optimize and maximize efficiency
- Own the pipeline number for the US, Canada, and Mexico, working with the extended marketing team to define the growth plan, channel mix, data & analytics for Samsara’s growth function to drive net new and expansion leads across all segments (Enterprise, Mid-market, SMB), partnering with the sales team on strategy, targeting, lead follow up, and conversion
- Define and own KPIs for targets and growth tracking performance metrics on a daily or weekly basis and iterate quickly to optimize, proactively detect and course correct immediately
- Oversee refinement of marketing attribution models, and continually evaluate and improve the effectiveness of all demand-generating marketing channels
- Partner across functions within marketing (Marketing Operations, Global Marketing teams, Product Marketing, Brand, Field Marketing) as well as other departments (Product Engineering and Customer Success) to improve our marketing reach, efficiency, and drive outstanding customer experiences
- Lead the strategy for executing data-driven integrated campaigns in partnership with other marketing teams to reach target audiences and in alignment with strategic market moments to extend reach
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles in the team - as a leader at Samsara, you will champion and role model our values and cultural principles as we scale globally: Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 15-20 years of experience developing and leading growth marketing initiatives and teams in high-growth, innovative and complex organizations, ideally having served as a Growth Marketing or Revenue Marketing leader for a public company/companies over the course of their career
- Approaches business problems from an inquisitive mindset, looking to question assumptions, bring creativity to solve problems, and has a strong goal and outcome orientation
- Experience building integrated campaigns and ABM strategies to drive efficient pipe growth
- Ideal candidate has seen scale and has the ability to work at pace in a high-growth company and has a blend of startup and enterprise experience
- Hands-on experience building integrated campaigns, as well as with Google Ads, SEO, SEM, Display and other digital channels
- Strong communicator with the ability to convey complex ideas with clarity, confidence, and authority, as well as ability to work with and present clearly to the executive team and deeply partner with Sales leadership
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to build, motivate, empower teams, as well as make difficult decisions
- Proven ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
- Ability to solve problems by applying design thinking, hypothesis development, and testing frameworks
- A continual learner who embodies the growth mindset and is constantly challenging themselves and the team to evolve
- Able to prioritize projects effectively, juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Experience building and managing teams
- Experience in building long-term customer relationships and developing positive relationships with key industry stakeholders
- Create a culture of transparency and communication throughout the organization
- Proactively address challenges in the internal and external environment
- Exhibit fiscal responsibility by managing operations within budget guidelines
- Top of the line problem solving abilities, critical thinking and outstanding business judgment
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The position will require the individual to be responsible for the management, direction, coordination, performance, and evaluation of an assigned team and staff. Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver total compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock units (RSUs). RSUs are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, there are additional RSU grant awards for top performers which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
The range of annual base salary for full-time employees for this position is below. Please note that base pay offered may vary depending on factors including , job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.