VP Government Affairs & Social Impact
Who are we hiring?
The Vice President, Government Affairs & Social Impact (VP), will report to and assist the EVP in (1) supervising and enhancing the Company’s Social Impact (SI) activities, working in conjunction with other SI staff across the enterprise (Garden of Dreams, Knicks, Rangers, Rockettes, etc.); and (2) monitoring and managing government actions and developments in assigned jurisdictions to promote the Company’s interests. The VP will be responsible for understanding the SI activities currently being pursued by the Company, developing ideas for new SI activities, and facilitating the integration of the Company’s various SI activities into the Department’s overall CSR program.
Other responsibilities will include coordinating Company-sponsored clinics and events within the community, ensuring the necessary supporting materials are available and coordinating with external and internal stakeholders. The position will also oversee the collection and management of data memorializing and measuring the Company’s CSR activities in order to produce a bi-annual report (the CSR Report) communicating the Company’s CSR activities to the public and highlighting the Company’s positive community impact. In addition to the SI duties, the VP will also handle various government affairs (GA) duties, including tracking, in his/her assigned jurisdiction(s), relevant legislative items and important issues related to the Company’s businesses and assist the EVP in resolving those issues in the Company’s favor. The VP will identify and foster professional relationships that will assist in resolving those issues.
What will you do?
- Assist EVP in the strategic management, growth and promotion of the Company’s SI programs
- Monitor, coordinate and implement the Company’s overall SI activities, including the CSR Report
- Assist EVP in managing specific GA issues and supporting the EVP’s government affairs strategies to protect the Company’s interests
- Monitor and identify relevant governmental events in assigned jurisdictions and communicate relevant and timely information to the appropriate internal audiences
- Communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external stakeholders on specific issues and special projects
- Work with the Company’s lobbying firms and consultants on important initiatives and issues
- Perform research activities regarding relevant issues and draft reports for EVP and senior management
- Manage the operation and maintenance of MSG Cares/CyberGrants system
What do you need to succeed?
- 10 years’ experience in: (i) government at the decision-making level; (ii) a corporate government relations management role; OR (iii) a senior corporate social impact management role
- Thorough knowledge of government and legislative processes
- Ability to build meaningful relationships in NY State and NY City
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, intense and highly-matrixed environment
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience
- Ability to work within diverse internal and external groups
- Ability to work in cross-departmental and cross-functional teams
- Ability to understand difficult problems and formulate/implement appropriate solutions
- JD, Master of Public Administration or Master of Public Policy is preferred, but not required
- Behavior consistent with MSG values
The VP will supervise a Senior Director.
Why is MSG for me?
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment, delivering unforgettable experiences while forging deep connections with diverse and passionate audiences. The Company’s portfolio includes a collection of world-renowned venues – New York’s Madison Square Garden, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, and Beacon Theatre; and The Chicago Theatre – that showcase a broad array of sporting events, concerts, family shows, and special events for millions of guests annually. In addition, the Company features the original production, the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes, which has been a holiday tradition for 89 years. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
We invite you to create an exceptional career at MSG
At MSG, we recognize the importance of upskilling employees’ talents and strengths so they can drive their careers forward. We are proud to offer a robust set of tools and resources to help employees understand their interests and purpose, harness their talents and obtain the skills they need to reach the next step in their careers. Growth and longevity for our employees are top priorities here.
We value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law mandates, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations and will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required.