VP & GM, Payer Solutions
Color is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. We have raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing our valuation to $4.6 billion and our total raised amount to $378 million. We work with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
Apply to join Color and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
The VP & GM Payer Solutions will drive the vision, definition, and execution of access and growth for Color’s essential care services with commercial and public payers. This is a role where you’ll build and lead a business line from the ground up and directly create innovative, market-defining models that have the potential to shift the industry broadly towards more equitable, accessible, cost-effective healthcare.
Whether through strategic partnerships or through payers as Color’s customers, you’ll help bring high-quality care to millions, collapsing the transactions of essential care and compressing the cost structure for our institutional partners. At the same time, you’ll drive significant growth for Color’s business and help build and lead the sales, BD, and contracting team as you define our go-to-market strategy and motion, execute on contracting negotiations, structure and drive channel partnerships, and more. You’ll also lead Color’s presence with payers externally - whether through conferences, associations, or advocacy work. This is the opportunity to define and lead the transformation of basic care delivery for patients across the U.S., helping improve access to basic care across screening, treatment, and consultation. This is a full-time remote employment position.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Define, execute, and lead the go-to-market strategy for Payers that will deliver a $100M+ business for Color
- Create the payer contracts and structures across commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid programs, that drive access for essential care services on behalf of Color’s institutional partners (governments, public health departments, and employers)
- Build and lead a high-performing sales and BD team in line with the market opportunity that will exceed sales potential with payers as customers and channel partners
- Champion the payer segment and opportunity internally to build the solutions, packaging, customer delivery, and pricing models to win - supported by teams across Product, Marketing, Finance, and Legal
- Represent Color’s business and programs to industry stakeholders
- Provide executive leadership and Color’s Board with visibility into results in the segment and the opportunity ahead
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 15+ years of experience working with payers, including commercial/employer-sponsored and government plans, and relationships with critical stakeholders including health plan executives, professional associations, contracting leads, and other advocates
- Experience building and contracting bundled payer/provider bundled service models that stretch across several areas - telemedicine, screening, and therapeutics
- Prior management of both the strategic and tactical elements of the US-specific reimbursement process to acquire coding, coverage, and payment
- Ability to create a vision and build to scale, from concept to execution - including areas such as partnership development, pricing and packaging, go-to-market motion definition, negotiation and contracting, etc.
- Experience building and leading high-performing, thoughtful, and action-oriented go-to-market teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated revenue generation impact, through innovative partnerships and programs that have moved businesses forward
- Mission driven: Excited by Color’s mission to drive access and equity in basic healthcare
- Bias towards action & impact: Relentless in making things happen; self-directed and delivers results that consistently exceed expectations. Excited to pilot, iterate, and build from zero with urgency.
- Creative, flexible, analytical thinker: An exceptional system-level thinker with the ability to shift quickly between high-level and detail-oriented thinking. Must be able to wrangle ambiguous, open-ended questions to the ground
- Proactive & intellectually curious: Independently capable of seeking information, solving complex interpersonal or operational problems, persuading and aligning resources, and delivering results
- Low ego: Leaves ego at the door; people at Color thrive on making things happen and taking ownership, regardless of their position in the company or the level of the problem at hand
- High standards leader: Strives to develop self and others; demonstrates a high degree of self-awareness and seeks to constantly raise standards for self, direct team, and others within Color
Color is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.