Housed within Citi’s restructured Media Team, the Global Social Platforms and Partnerships VP is responsible for managing global tools and solutions to support the publishing, measurement, and reporting of social media marketing efforts.
This is a critical role, responsible for coordination across multiple internal business and functional partners as well as across several agencies and vendors. It is highly focused on global best practice stewardship and is vital to the support of local and regional social media teams in applying global standards, playbooks, and measurement frameworks.
This role is paramount in onboarding new social media tools and/or agency partners. This role supports the SVP Global Social Governance to ensure adherence to Citi controls and processes. Successful candidate will have developed communication and diplomacy skills – to help ensure social management tools are configured and optimized for each Citi team.
- Serves as backup to the SVP of Global Social Governance as a protective measure to ensure and maintain business continuity and reinforces Citi’s maker/checker standards.
- The VP of Global Social Platforms is responsible for managing process and procedures specific to Risk & Controls, for ALL LOBs and across ALL regions within the firm. This includes facilitating the vetting, evaluating, and approving any new Social Media platforms and accounts.
- This role is a critical partner for Compliance and Legal, and together they establish and maintain Citi’s Social controls globally, across regions. The VP is responsible for ensuring all social records, compliance documentation and platform terms and services are retained for annual audit readiness.
- Liaison with the vendor as well as functional partners internally (e.g., Procurement, Legal, Compliance, Information Security and Finance) on all contract and other vendor management matters; monitoring vendor performance relative to SOW terms; organizing quarterly business reviews with vendor and key internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for aiding in mitigating Citi reputational and business risk by way of managing/controlling fraudulent account takedowns, security breaches, etc.
- Manages Citi’s global social media management platform, including owning platform infrastructure and configuration to support priorities, standards, measurement framework and reporting objectives across all Citi’s Business and Functional teams across all regions and markets.
- Manages platform access and training authorized users; consulting on and coordinating the development of tools, widgets, API integrations and other functionality to support Citi’s social media objectives.
- Provides day-to-day support to local and regional social media teams in applying global standards, playbooks, and measurement frameworks to individual markets; conducting annual reviews; and onboarding new social media tools and/or agency partners.
- Monitors competitive and industry best practices as well as lessons from Citi-executed social media programs to refresh and update trainings, playbooks, standards, and related internal guidance documents on at least an annual basis, or as needed.
- Provides thought leadership, share best practices, and consult on Social Servicing across GMT, Operations & Technology, and global regions.
- 5 - 7 years’ work experience in social media from a marketing and technology perspective.
- Familiarity with social media technology platforms such as Sprinklr, bit.ly, etc.
- Proven experience implementing social media continuity programs and campaigns leveraging paid, owned and earned tactics across multiple social platforms. Work experience in Financial Services a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to look at the broader perspective as it relates to business strategy. Excellent communication skills – both written and presentation.
- Experience managing multiple external agencies/vendors to consistently and effectively deliver world-class strategies based on consumer insights with measurable results.
- Knowledge of, passion for and experience working in digital/social media. Engaged in new trends and ideas, keeps abreast of digital innovations; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and bring clarity and structure to ambiguous situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Primary Location Salary Range:
$110,890.00 - $166,340.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster
View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting