VP Global Sales
We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience.
Twilio Flex is a key product of Twilio’s Customer Engagement Platform. It is the contact center platform of the future that empowers customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of our communication platform. We serve enterprise customers, partners and the developers that implement Flex to deliver personalized customer experiences while powering the next generation of customer engagement.
The VP of Global Sales & GTM will be a critical addition to the Flex leadership team and will serve as the most senior commercial leader responsible for achieving global revenue goals to further accelerate the growth of Twilio Flex.
We are looking for an outstanding sales leader who combines strategy and execution and is always two steps ahead – in hiring and leading top-performing talent, territory design, forecasting, pipeline creation, marketing alignment and strategic planning.
This key executive will be an evangelist and thought leader for Flex who will develop multi-year growth strategies that deliver near and long-term financial objectives. They will be responsible for the global sales number for Flex and have direct management responsibility for a growing team of contact center AEs, pre-sales solutions engineers, and partnership managers responsible for both winning new logo customers, and the expansion of existing customer accounts. The team will build value-based relationships with customers, prospects, and partners and stay at the cutting edge of industry trends and priorities. Additionally, the desired leader will partner closely with other go-to-market (GTM) contact center functions including marketing, professional services, and support.
- Act as a principled entrepreneur with respect to revenue goals; strategically prioritizes sales opportunities based upon profitability, future upside, and retention characteristics to drive long term value creation.
- Develop and execute comprehensive GTM strategies to deliver revenue growth in the rapidly transforming contact center and customer engagement space.
- Partner across the organization to develop cohesive strategies to drive long-term growth objectives.
- Develop annual and multi-year sales targets, along with robust quarterly sales forecasts, and accurate and timely reporting of actual results.
- Provide direct and indirect oversight of individual goals, metrics, and responsibilities to ensure successful execution of strategic plans.
- Apply robust commercial practices for territory planning, account management, pipeline management, sales enablement, and value-based sales methodology.
- Attract, develop, and retain top-performing global sales and account management teams capable of delivering revenue growth targets.
- Play an active role in sales activities and help close Flex’s largest opportunities.
- Work closely with strategic customers and ensure post-sales teams drive success through ongoing delivery and support.
- Identify and drive team efficiency to make Flex as successful as possible.
- Engage with customers and implementation partners to ensure a clear understanding of their needs and priorities.
- Consistently overachieve on goals through diligent planning and execution.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 15+ years’ experience driving ambitious global sales results selling innovative contact center technology solutions to enterprise customers.
- Strong functional expertise in sales and sales management with 10+ years' experience leading successful software sales and GTM teams.
- Track record of driving growth with consistency, repeatability, scalability and in support of the long-term health of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, retain, and empower sales leaders and front-line executives.
- Ability to build and grow an organization: understands the drivers of how to craft a strong culture, assess performance, continuously innovate a sales organization, and build capability.
- Experience developing customer focused sales strategies that cut across all GTM functions, and influence product development.
- Deep domain expertise in the contact center industry and the transformation the market is undergoing with the ability to speak to the needs of Chief Customer Officers, Chief Digital Officers and other senior executives charged with delivering superlative customer experiences.
- An inspirational leader who ensures that achieving and exceeding key performance indicators, pipeline goals and bookings targets is at the forefront of everything the team does.
- A colleague committed to fostering an inclusive culture and values a representative workplace that embraces diversity of thought and experience.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time, as health and safety permits.
- Experience working in other enterprise software domains would be a plus.
- While exceptional sales leadership skills are essential, first-hand experience leading other GTM functions would also be beneficial.
- International experience would be preferred.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Up to 50% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado ONLY.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $230,000 - $260,000 base.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.