At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best if yet to come.
This strategic leader in Hasbro’s Global Operations Organization reports to the VP, Global Logistics and will have budgetary responsibility of over $150M in S&W as well Outbound Freight. We will be looking for you to meet cost and service targets for AmPac region on monthly, quarterly basis while ensuring any un-favorability to AmPac L&D performance is proactively managed and offset by process or performance improvement. With the responsibility of sixteen (16) 3PL managed DC located in California, Illinois, Massachusetts, Georgia, within US; Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Brazil located within Latin America; Australia and New Zealand within Pacific; two leased and operated DCs in Canada and Mexico; as well as three 3PLs operation for D2C operation in US located in Pennsylvania, Georgia and Illinois this is an outstanding opportunity to lead a significant part of the business!
As VP, Global Logistics & Distribution, AMPAC:
- Lead the development and execution of all capital plans for logistics and distribution organization for the region in line with the L&D strategy for the overall region as well as specific market. We are looking for you to have a strong understanding of L&D performance drivers to prioritize capital projects with the biggest impact to AmPac performance.
- Partner with functional partners you will lead the execution of all business contracts for shipping and warehousing as well as transportation across the region with a focus on efficiency, cost, quality and service as well leveraging the global scale of Hasbro L&D organization.
- Identify, recommend, and manage strategies for both risk mitigation and competitive cost advantage across all markets in partnership with the regional leadership. Work closely with the commercial leadership in the underperforming regions on development and execution of turn around plans for L&D function
- Orchestrate the strategy and leads operational efficiency improvements, cost reduction efforts, and streamlining initiatives across AmPac logistics and distribution network by implementing lean and six sigma continuous improvement initiatives. This role will be responsible for the portfolio of performance improvement initiatives for AmPac region delivering $5-8 M in annual savings through capital and productivity improvements
- Maintain and develop a strong logistics talent pipeline across the region. Ensure talent growth within critical roles to meet the current and future needs of the AmPac logistics organization
- Prepare annual budgets, business plans, and operating goals/objectives for the NA, LATAM, Pacific and D2C sites.
- Lead the development of medium- and long-term logistics network strategy for AmPac for both brick-and-mortar network as well as e-Comm network in alignment with the Global L&D strategy by partnering with functional as well as regional leads.
- Develop and implement strategic supplier agreements providing advantageous financial terms and lowest total cost while also supporting quality and cost objectives.
- Actively lead collaboration efforts associated with the development, identification, implementation and integration of global processes, KPI’s and other management score-card metric information.
- Create “no surprises” environment for the VP of Global Logistics as well as manage the documentation and sharing of "best practice" methods, processes and ideas across the global business’s distribution network to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of distribution and order fulfilment operations.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Operations, Industrial Engineering, or related Business field. MBA is a plus!
- 10+ years of experience in leading a high-performing L&D organization with highly stringent cost and service requirements for a food and or CPG company is preferred.
- Prior experience leading L&D transformation in a region or market requirement major structural and functional changes through a focused operational strategy would be an asset
- Experience successfully redesigning L&D network through a competitive market analysis to deliver major performance turnaround
- Experience managing global logistics and distribution organization with presence in multiple geographies
- Prior experience leading logistics and distribution network in regions outside NA such as Latin America, Pacific, Asia etc. would be preferred
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.