VP, Global Infrastructure & Operations
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We provide the technology, data enablement and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal – results for marketers. With offices in New York, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video. Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast. As a VP of Infrastructure & Operation, you will apply your engineering leadership skills and knowledge of infrastructure and software development to drive scalable and highly reliable software systems for Freewheel’s products and services. You will play a crucial role in setting the infrastructure strategy, building the next generation software stack for all Freewheel’s systems, software and infrastructure. You will determine how our systems relate to each other and use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. With the business thrived and diversified, making the systems and products reliable and high-performance is more difficult and important than ever. We expect this role addresses these challenges in driving industry best practice reliability and scalability while enabling feature velocity and coordination, reducing outages, and increasing reliability and scalability. We are looking for a leader who embodies modern practices and has an exceptionally strong foundation in engineering culture and process driven solutions. The leader must have demonstrated a high level of cross functional collaboration and communication given the large number of stakeholders. Experience in delivering reliable, secure, and scalable Cloud based services will be critical for success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. As a senior engineering leader, you will drive a cohesive strategy to take the teams to their next phase of growth and scale. A critical part of the role is to attract, develop, and retain the next generation of leaders and top talent across sites, supporting their professional growth, along with defining and implementing a geo-location strategy for the team across sites.
- Lead a high impact organization to deliver against critical business goals.
- Develop and continually improve automation, processes, procedures, activities, metrics and enabling technology for all components and products.
- Work across all products and components to anticipate future service needs and incorporate them into a well-considered multi-year infrastructure and service roadmap.
- Influence and grow a strong engineering culture within the organization.
- Work closely with various field organizations to ensure high standard customer experience.
- Mentor, grow, and develop the engineering leadership team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relate degree from an accredited university
- 15+ years of technical experience, 10+ years of management position
- Built and managed a team of 150+ engineers
- Deep passion for modern infrastructure/Cloud/SaaS practices.
- Experience in delivering a highly scalable and secure Cloud based products, preferably in the infrastructure space.
- Strong focus on execution
- Experience collaborating across organizational boundaries, forming alliances with other members of the executive leadership team, and building bridges that support functional as well as company goals.
- Experience working with remote teams is a plus
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
15 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.