Over the last year we have centralized, invested in, and scaled design at Prudential, which has resulted in the team growing in size and adding new specialized disciplines. We are now looking for a Head of Design for this fast-growing team of talented product designers across UX, UI, System Design, Accessibility, Content Design, Design Operations and Research. You will bring a customer centric view of every interaction, integrating insights on customer needs, journey orientation, and user testing to inform design decisions so Prudential can solve it’s customers’ challenges - from financial security for everyday Americans, to out-performance for its institutional investors.
This is a highly visible role that requires effective relationship management skills across the enterprise, especially with Product and Technology teams, as well as strategic communications to senior audiences. You will advocate for, and effectively practice Human Centered Design to craft innovative solutions. You may be asked to represent Prudential at external forums and share progress on our design journey.
You’re comfortable interacting with senior management and enjoy educating people about great design and customer experiences. You OWN every aspect of your team’s outcomes. You ask the right questions, press for the answers, and are effective at aligning teams around a shared vision.
- Accountability: End to end ownership of all design for Prudential’s US journeys and experiences.
- Lead: Grow, inspire and nurture a 60+ team of product designers, accessibility experts and design technologists as well as design ops, design-culture, user-testing and accessibility capabilities.
- Vision: Ideate, design, and develop product capabilities and user journeys that help Prudential acquire, service and fulfill promises for its consumers, advisors, employers and institutional clients. Conceptualize new products and advocate for transformative product experience.
- Scale: Develop and expand a common design system, working in coordination with cross functional design teams.
- Culture: Build a culture of learning, insight, inspiration, and collaboration
- Advocacy: Shaping the design culture through the creation of and advocacy for designers, HCD and design principles
- Collaborate: Partner with Marketing, Strategy, Business Development, Customer Service and Analytics teams to identify opportunities, refine ideas and enable commercial and consumer outcomes.
- Measure: Develop processes, enable structure and establish KPIs for design team and product delivery success.
- A conceptual thinker who can articulate and execute his/her vision from concept to production; who can toggle between understanding the strategy yet willing to get into the details to ensure proper execution when needed.
- Ability to attract top talent and hire a great team of UX designers.
- Ability to manage relationships is critical; high emotional intelligence.
- 15 years of interactive experience in design, creating large scale websites, mobile apps, web products & email campaigns. At least 5-7 years managing large creative/design teams
- A strong understanding of design principles, responsive design systems with an impeccable sense of typography and graphic design
- Ability to step into the mind of the customer and create an experience that anticipates the customer’s needs
- A creative who’s a geek at heart, lives for emerging technologies, plugged-in to the latest from the design community and is hungry to keep learning
- Experience in financial services or B2B2C organizations a huge plus
- Lives life through an artful lens and appreciates a good laugh
- To be considered for this position, you must have a portfolio available for review.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.