VP - Global Controls Implementation
The Global Controls Implementation Vice President will report to the Global Controls Implementation Senior Vice President and will work in collaboration with the Global Business & Risk Controls Team and the key constituents across the bank to assist in the development, redesign and application of emerging, new controls and control frameworks to our legacy environment. This will involve supporting SVPs and Directors within the group in efforts to review select end-to-end business processes and implement enhancements to the process and control environment. The role will require the individual to develop relationships with counterparts within the team and across Risk Management, Business and Functional units, amongst others. In specific instances the individual will be required to lead tasks and guide the direction of work product. The individual will regularly partner with front line units across assigned projects and a range of business and functional areas. This individual will serve as a day-to-day lead of their assigned tasks, within business process and controls reviews, under the guidance of the SVPs and Directors. They will lead the development of materials to communicate progress and challenges encountered, while executing and ensuring the delivery of high-quality output.
- For specific projects, the individual will lead tasks related to business requirement development, gap analysis, feasibility and solution development partnering with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for business process review team coordination, communication of key risks to completion and output documentation.
- Builds and guides the development of concise presentations for review by senior members of the team.
- Consumes complex business information quickly and synthesizes in an efficient manner.
- Evaluates business processes for efficiency and proper controls with the assistance of SVP and Director.
- Develops high-quality relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Anticipates next steps and challenges, where possible, to avoid delays or other pitfalls.
- Applies critical thought in evaluating business problems, articulates problem statement concisely and guides the development of logical, pragmatic control recommendations and solutions.
- Degree from a top tier academic institution.
- 7-10 years of working experience, preferably in financial services.
- Ability to multi-task and be dynamic across a number of priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in guiding deliverables and recommendations and taking initiative on projects or team tasks.
- Highly organized with an ability to keep other team members organized and on task.
- Track record of success in completing assigned tasks in a timely, high-quality manner.
- Capable of driving outcomes independently and escalating issues as encountered.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with colleagues across disparate businesses, regions and cultures.
- Experience in development of control frameworks, risk frameworks, controls development across business process or technology, possibly in a consulting or strategy role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, amongst other business applications.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within and across project teams, functional and business units.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.