VP, Global Communications
At BIC we are recruiting for a VP, Global Communications to oversee our worldwide internal and external communications strategy. The VP, Global Communications will manage and develop executive communications teams across global locations and partner with C-Suite on executive communications, media relations, crisis management and lead key strategic initiatives.
Under the direction of the Chief of Administration & Central Communications and Administration, the VP, Global Communications for BIC serves as the strategic communications lead across multiple stakeholder groups, including team members, consumers, customers, candidates, government officials, media, and NGOs.
- Leads internal and external communications for BIC globally, playing a key role in helping to transform BIC by defining, reinforcing, and reviving corporate character, brand, and values
- Is the final stamp of approval/sign-off on all communications, ensuring the “OneBIC” voice is brought to life across internal and external communications, including financial/investor communications
- Engages stakeholders, authentically and effectively, to build reputation, earn trust and achieve measurable results
- Oversees corporate brand stewardship, using core drivers of reputation, to meet the expectations of multiple stakeholders, including team members, media, and the public
- Anticipates, identifies, and mitigates risks to BIC’s reputation, and leads the development of effective issues management and crisis communications plans. Responds to stakeholders as needed in sensitive/threatening situations
- Helps define the Group’s commitment to societal value creation and leads efforts that buoy BIC’s reputation in the areas of education and sustainability
- Guides a team of global communicators to be more agile, digital, data, and consumer driven
- Drives all content strategy, creation, analysis, measurement and “listening” of traditional and social media
- Leads global team members and multiple agencies to deliver communications strategies, plans and activities that engage key audiences both internally and externally with the goal of protecting and strengthening BIC’s reputation worldwide
- Serves as one of the company’s official spokespeople
- Develops and manages communications infrastructure strategy including the modernization of BIC internal communications platforms for ease of access and relevancy
- Leads the curation, development, and delivery of leadership messaging, as well as building and driving internal communities linked to the achievement of corporate goals and strategy
- Works in partnership with the Executive team and local leaders as appropriate to determine crisis response and mitigation
- Leads internal communications strategy for Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestitures, Restructures, Facility Closures, and other significant corporate shifts
- Drives consistency of message and content across all company communications, while embedding cultural nuances and sensitivities where appropriate
- Develops a compelling corporate social media strategy that protects and enhances BIC’s brand purpose and company values
- Responsible for media training and communications coaching for C-suite and other leaders across the organization. Prepares celebrity and executive spokespeople for media interviews
- Manages internal video production studio and video content, including customer-facing content
- Writes and edits scripts, speeches, presentations, and talking points for C-suite executives for internal and external events and key moments in time, including Global Town Halls, Earnings, and other critical business initiatives
- Attracts, develops, motivates, and retains an outstanding, diverse, high-performing group of communications professionals through effective leadership, recruitment, training, development, and succession planning.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, English, or communications (Master’s degree preferred but not essential)
- At least twenty years’ experience in communications or similar field including significant global experience
- Adept at mitigating and reacting to crises across diverse geographies, cultures, and issues
- Must be a highly accomplished and confident communicator and presenter
- Be culturally ‘global’ in approach and mindset
- Able to influence key stakeholders
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including the ability to present concepts verbally. Strong creativity
- Storytelling: can develop innovative strategies that publicize and promote organization-wide programs and priorities working in collaboration with customer and consumer-focused colleagues
- Able to operate effectively within complex environments, including managing and influencing in a matrixed structure
- Act as a conduit, and guide, e.g., helps deliver perspective at all organizational levels
- Strategic mindset - able to see around corners – with an increased focus on risk and reputation
- Drive advocacy and an engagement mindset
- Strong writer and editor. Creative visual storyteller. Inquisitive. Creativity, critical thinking, ability and confidence to advise senior managers and problem solve, to shape communications strategies and plans. Media and presentation training a plus.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.